Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Show Poster: Draft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Wayneb - I've got a request from another user for a new version as well. I'll probably work on both later this week. Do you want a version that doesn't include the 1/4 mile time and motor torque? Also, the 70D and P90D are listed on the current poster as rear + front hp, but perhaps you can find combined numbers for those so that they're in the same format as the S85D you provided.

A side note: It would be nice to have a page or two (81/2X11) with current specs on it to display at car shows. I'm thinking about taking our P90DL to a car show in a couple of weeks and am thinking about putting the teslamotors.com website address on a sheet of paper and placing it on a window.
But if the weather is really nice I will probably take our '31 Model A.

Reactions: jthompson
@TechGuy Car and Driver list 70D as 514hp (The Tesla Model S 70D Is the New, 514-hp AWD Base Model)
S85D has two motors of 259 hp each but total of 422hp. 0-60 was 4.3 when I bought the car. Don't know torque number.
Here's a photo of the specs page if it loads.
url

This thread was partially responsible for giving me the idea to make a 'car poster' for the 17" touchscreen.

Rather than/in addition to a poster to have on display when showing the car at car shows or the like, I figured why not put the center screen to good use (since it gets lots of attention anyway). So I came up with a web site that runs through a slideshow of sorts.

I really wanted video to display on the screen... which we know isn't really permitted, so I used animated GIFs as an alternative.

I bring this up full screen on the browser (works well on LTE, but is quite slow on 3G, I would recommend tethering to a cell phone to get the initial load completed).

I then leave a door ajar, so the screen stays on (for a good while anyway, does eventually turn off... a quick tap of the brake will get it going again).
You may want to ensure stereo and climate control are both turned off (or not, suit yourself!).
In my Model S, I tend to lower half my back seat, and have the trunk open, as people get a good view of the screen that way, while walking around the car (in addition to peering through windows).

I have two versions:
USA (imperial)
Canada (metric - not really Canada specific otherwise).

As a trial, I have put an ad on the top/bottom of the page, but you can scroll to the middle of the page to hide the ads and have the presentation take up the entire screen.

Any feedback is appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: Pollux and EdA
This thread was partially responsible for giving me the idea to make a 'car poster' for the 17" touchscreen.

Rather than/in addition to a poster to have on display when showing the car at car shows or the like, I figured why not put the center screen to good use (since it gets lots of attention anyway). So I came up with a web site that runs through a slideshow of sorts.

I really wanted video to display on the screen... which we know isn't really permitted, so I used animated GIFs as an alternative.

I bring this up full screen on the browser (works well on LTE, but is quite slow on 3G, I would recommend tethering to a cell phone to get the initial load completed).

I then leave a door ajar, so the screen stays on (for a good while anyway, does eventually turn off... a quick tap of the brake will get it going again).
You may want to ensure stereo and climate control are both turned off (or not, suit yourself!).
In my Model S, I tend to lower half my back seat, and have the trunk open, as people get a good view of the screen that way, while walking around the car (in addition to peering through windows).

I have two versions:
USA (imperial)
Canada (metric - not really Canada specific otherwise).

As a trial, I have put an ad on the top/bottom of the page, but you can scroll to the middle of the page to hide the ads and have the presentation take up the entire screen.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to using this myself! THANK YOU!

Reactions: Footbag
Good for you!

Suggestions:
+ Eliminate "currently" from "all Tesla vehicles are currently built". The use of "currently" immediately implies that you are hinting that that won't be the case, maybe a change coming soon. AFAIK, talk of building Teslas elsewhere (e.g., China) is still something that's long-range at best. How about: "ALL-AMERICAN CAR: built in Fremont, CA by AMERICAN WORKERS"
+ Update range to 335 for S100D
+ For SpC network, you might add something like "continuing to expand rapidly"
+ It's complicated now as to whether it's "free" - might just eliminate "free" and leave the rest
+ Model 3 text: I'd suggest "deliveries have begun in 2017", as the first 30 have been delivered, even if only internally and to a few investors
+ You might also add "$7,500 federal tax credit plus some states offer additional incentives"

Controversial:
+ I'd argue you should mention EAP but NOT mention FSD. EAP at least exists and many people report using it successfully (while many others report problems). FSD has been "coming soon" ever since it was first listed and may fall into the category of one of Tesla's pursuits that winds up long-delayed

Good luck!

Alan

Love these posters. I have also been putting together some stuff to display on the display.

https://teslatude.com/showDisplay.php

I am curious, what people usually do at the shows? I have been leaving one of the front doors open so the display remains on and also plugging in the charge cable (so no one can drive off), running the plug to the front of the vehicle to catch attention. I would love Tesla to give us a "CarShow" code we could enter to do this for us. I think it might have something to do with not allowing vehicle to drive, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson and EdA