TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Car updated this morning. Now wipers & music don't function as expected

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nicola_Won, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nicola_Won

Nicola_Won We're on the cusp of an energy revolution.

Hi all. Hopefully you can help me with my new Tesla.

Model 70D. Delivered 31st December. Perfect working order. Walked into car this morning with new updates showing on screen. Fantastic! Immediately assign keyfob to my profile. Happy days....

Noticed music wasn't playing when I first entered. No problem. Probably the update....

Drive to B&Q...Wipers seem to not auto wipe. Switch to medium speed...Seems really slow.

Wife gets in car later. Notices no music playing on first enter. Wipers wont work at all unless on Full Wipe speed. Switching down a speed leaves wipers mid action and frozen. Doesn't set it back down out-of-view.

Switch profiles. No difference. Turn car off and on. No difference. Left parked for a few hours. No difference.

Notice when I set to park that I cannot set the wipers to maintenance mode. Greyed out.

At least my left wing mirror that often didn't open fully opens fully now....

2. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

It's going to sound like a typical tech support excuse, but have you tried rebooting the car?

• Like x 1
  3. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

I think maintenance is only available if you turn off your wipers. If they are still in the automatic setting, it will be greyed out.

4. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

It might help if you can tell us exactly which release you're on now. Go to the big touchscreen and tap the Tesla logo at the top center. After "8.0" you should see another number like "2.52.22". Tell us what that is.

You can see what build numbers other owners are reporting at Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

5. msnow

msnow Active Member

Reboot.

6. NJS1207

NJS1207 Member

I'm not sure if this the same problem your having, but since the latest round of updates (2.52.20, then 2.52.22 this morning), audio from my phone often does not work when I first enter the car. (The car recognizes the phone and appears to start playing the last source where it left off, but there is no volume). To get it to work, I have to switch to a different source (e.g., radio), then back to phone. If that's the problem you're having, I hope this helps until Tesla fixes it.

• Like x 1
  7. Nicola_Won

How do I reboot? Is that even a thing with cars? I hate the idea of rebooting a car.

Version is 2.52.22 and was upgraded from 2.48.82 this morning.

8. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

REBOOT ENTIRE SYSTEM | Tesla Motors

9. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

Those instructions doesn't even include holding down the brake. Seems long from what I recall being holding down both scroll wheels and the brake until you see the T logo in the IC.

10. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

the text in the manual does not mention having to press the brake.

11. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was the joke 20 years ago, if Microsoft made a car it would have to be rebooted.

Seriously, there's nothing to be concerned about when rebooting. The car is a giant computer after all. You'll get used to it. You're actually rebooting the center screen and/or the instrument cluster, not the entire car.

12. msnow

msnow Active Member

Yeah it doesn't but some people are told to use the brake method by SvC techs.

13. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

Perhaps to prevent Korean celebrities from going through their house?

• Funny x 4
  14. MS_Dream

MS_Dream Member

LOL

15. Nicola_Won

Ok so this morning after overnight charging, I held the two wheel buttons and reset the big screen. Then to be sure I did it again and held for longer throughout the logo display as suggested. I also had it in P and foot on break. I also reset the smaller screen by holding the top two buttons. But no joy. The wipers only work on the full setting and when I switch them off they freeze exactly where they are instead of reseting out of view. Cars haven't had this type of wiper functionality since the 60's.... It's distracting and extremely hazardous as I'm focused on trying to set the wipers out of the way sometimes while driving. The only option is either full on or not at all.

Is there someone I can call who can fix it over the air?

16. msnow

msnow Active Member

You can try calling your Service Center but I suspect they are closed for the weekend. Second option would be email but due to this being something that few if any of us have experienced I think you are looking at a Service Center visit to fix it.

17. Tangible

Tangible Member

"Noticed music wasn't playing when I first entered. No problem. Probably the update...."

I would love to have this "bug". One of the things I find most annoying about my new (December delivery) 90D is that it insists on playing media when I enter the car. If I want the radio on, I'll turn it on. The default should be silence.

There's probably an option setting somewhere, but it's eluded me so far.

18. msnow

msnow Active Member

Mute.

19. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

It used to properly remember the pause/mute when returning to the car; newer versions of the firmware seem to keep breaking that. To my recollection, there was never a "start with it off regardless of how I left the vehicle" option/setting.