Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car updated this morning. Now wipers & music don't function as expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nicola_Won

We're on the cusp of an energy revolution.
Jun 20, 2009
Richmond, London
Hi all. Hopefully you can help me with my new Tesla.

Model 70D. Delivered 31st December. Perfect working order. Walked into car this morning with new updates showing on screen. Fantastic! Immediately assign keyfob to my profile. Happy days....

Noticed music wasn't playing when I first entered. No problem. Probably the update....

Drive to B&Q...Wipers seem to not auto wipe. Switch to medium speed...Seems really slow.

Wife gets in car later. Notices no music playing on first enter. Wipers wont work at all unless on Full Wipe speed. Switching down a speed leaves wipers mid action and frozen. Doesn't set it back down out-of-view.

Switch profiles. No difference. Turn car off and on. No difference. Left parked for a few hours. No difference.

Notice when I set to park that I cannot set the wipers to maintenance mode. Greyed out.

At least my left wing mirror that often didn't open fully opens fully now....

Noticed music wasn't playing when I first entered. No problem. Probably the update....

I'm not sure if this the same problem your having, but since the latest round of updates (2.52.20, then 2.52.22 this morning), audio from my phone often does not work when I first enter the car. (The car recognizes the phone and appears to start playing the last source where it left off, but there is no volume). To get it to work, I have to switch to a different source (e.g., radio), then back to phone. If that's the problem you're having, I hope this helps until Tesla fixes it.

Reactions: Alex D
How do I reboot? Is that even a thing with cars? I hate the idea of rebooting a car.
Yeah, that was the joke 20 years ago, if Microsoft made a car it would have to be rebooted.

Seriously, there's nothing to be concerned about when rebooting. The car is a giant computer after all. You'll get used to it. You're actually rebooting the center screen and/or the instrument cluster, not the entire car.

Ok so this morning after overnight charging, I held the two wheel buttons and reset the big screen. Then to be sure I did it again and held for longer throughout the logo display as suggested. I also had it in P and foot on break. I also reset the smaller screen by holding the top two buttons. But no joy. The wipers only work on the full setting and when I switch them off they freeze exactly where they are instead of reseting out of view. Cars haven't had this type of wiper functionality since the 60's.... It's distracting and extremely hazardous as I'm focused on trying to set the wipers out of the way sometimes while driving. The only option is either full on or not at all.

Is there someone I can call who can fix it over the air?

Ok so this morning after overnight charging, I held the two wheel buttons and reset the big screen. Then to be sure I did it again and held for longer throughout the logo display as suggested. I also had it in P and foot on break. I also reset the smaller screen by holding the top two buttons. But no joy. The wipers only work on the full setting and when I switch them off they freeze exactly where they are instead of reseting out of view. Cars haven't had this type of wiper functionality since the 60's.... It's distracting and extremely hazardous as I'm focused on trying to set the wipers out of the way sometimes while driving. The only option is either full on or not at all.

Is there someone I can call who can fix it over the air?
You can try calling your Service Center but I suspect they are closed for the weekend. Second option would be email but due to this being something that few if any of us have experienced I think you are looking at a Service Center visit to fix it.

"Noticed music wasn't playing when I first entered. No problem. Probably the update...."

I would love to have this "bug". One of the things I find most annoying about my new (December delivery) 90D is that it insists on playing media when I enter the car. If I want the radio on, I'll turn it on. The default should be silence.

There's probably an option setting somewhere, but it's eluded me so far.

"Noticed music wasn't playing when I first entered. No problem. Probably the update...."

I would love to have this "bug". One of the things I find most annoying about my new (December delivery) 90D is that it insists on playing media when I enter the car. If I want the radio on, I'll turn it on. The default should be silence.

Mute.

It used to properly remember the pause/mute when returning to the car; newer versions of the firmware seem to keep breaking that. To my recollection, there was never a "start with it off regardless of how I left the vehicle" option/setting.