Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car washes in the GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Now that winter is here in the GTA, I can no longer hand wash my car. I imagine most of you who hand wash are in the same situation.

Just wanted to know what your wash plans are? I have a Petro Superpass wash card that I share with some coworkers but I don't think I can use it for my Model 3 due to the fact that the OEM rim lips stick past the tire. The Petro Canada touchless washes all seem to use a track which can damage the rims. The Glide washes have a conveyer belt system but are soft cloth only in my area. I'm in the Caledon/Brampton area.

Other than a coin-op, does anyone know of any other places that provide a touchless wash without a wheel track? My winter tires look like they bring the lip of the rim in line with the edge of the tire but it still doesn't instill confidence.

Curious to hear some thoughts on the matter. Thank you.
Try Shell Touchless. I use it

I still brave the elements and take it to a coin wash. It only gets dicey in January/February when it's really cold and ice starts to form from the second you start spraying it. I've had occasions where spraying off the soap took longer than expected because it froze in the time it took me to go around once to do the wash (less than 2 minutes). I just remember to keep the heat on while doing all of this along with disabling the mirrors from folding in. The one advantage of the car wash would be that the dryer would get rid of most of the moisture prior to exiting but you still have the potential for issues with windows, door handles and fold away mirrors.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
From what I understand, hand washes and touchless washes are fine with PPF (and/or) ceramic coating.

I'm also looking for a touchless car wash to try as well...

The only one in the path of my daily travels has a wheel track.

I completely agree with Tony on avoiding touchfree’s with track’s. Both the 18” and 19” Model 3 wheels have wider than ‘normal’ outer rim lips. Even tires with moulded in rim protectors don’t help. Here are 2 pics. Both tires have the identical rim protector. The only difference is the outer wheel rim lip design. Top one is my Escape with the same 19” Conti ProContact tire form as the 3. Bottom one is my Model 3. The Model 3 is begging for rim rash getting dragged through a car wash track:

Escape:

B92B2B8A-ACBA-4FCB-B8F6-5E0E509C7764.jpeg

Model 3:

65F51A77-0468-452C-B36B-AF1328A4211A.jpeg

Last edited:
I completely agree with Tony on avoiding touchfree’s with track’s. Both the 18” and 19” Model 3 wheels have wider than ‘normal’ outer rim lips. Even tires with moulded in rim protectors don’t help. Here are 2 pics. Both tires have the identical rim protector. The only difference is the outer wheel rim lip design. Top one is my Escape with the same 19” Conti ProContact tire form as the 3. Bottom one is my Model 3. The Model 3 is begging for rim rash getting dragged through a car wash track:

Escape:

View attachment 356543

Model 3:

View attachment 356541

Yup, exactly! Anyone using a track based car wash with a Model 3 is in for a bad time.

Hi Tony,
Does Esso have a monthly, or season pass (like Petro-Canada?) or is it a one at a time charge?
Have you found a "coin-op" that you like in Caledon? (I'm in Snelgrove and the one near me has horrible reviews).

Cheers,
André
Hi,

Not quite sure about a season pass for Esso. I'll check next time I go there.

I have not found a coin-op near my home. I searched Google Maps a few times and nothing showed up. There is one near my work but I have not visited it yet. When the weather warmed up last weekend I pulled my pressure washer out of storage and cleaned the car at home. I'm in the Southfields area.

Hi All,

Now that winter is here in the GTA, I can no longer hand wash my car. I imagine most of you who hand wash are in the same situation.

Just wanted to know what your wash plans are? I have a Petro Superpass wash card that I share with some coworkers but I don't think I can use it for my Model 3 due to the fact that the OEM rim lips stick past the tire. The Petro Canada touchless washes all seem to use a track which can damage the rims. The Glide washes have a conveyer belt system but are soft cloth only in my area. I'm in the Caledon/Brampton area.

Other than a coin-op, does anyone know of any other places that provide a touchless wash without a wheel track? My winter tires look like they bring the lip of the rim in line with the edge of the tire but it still doesn't instill confidence.

Curious to hear some thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

The Glide on Highway 27 and Langstaff does not use rail tracks, and the Superwash on Highway 50 and Ebenezer is a park and wait in one spot.

Both touchless.

What I typically do is theres usually a pretty good deal on the car wash passes for Canadian tire, I think I got 5 for $25 last year. Those are the same as the Petro Superwash where you pull in, does an undercoat and park your car, and the system goes around etc. Usually wash it once a month or when weather warms up to get the salt off.

The location I went to for CT is the one on Highway 50 in Caledon near the Walmart

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
There are two Touchless Esso washes in Milton that have you park the car and then the jets move around the vehicle, so no tracks or conveyor. Prices (as of Dec ‘18) range from $10.99 - $14.99.

One is located at James Snow Parkway & Main Street E (just south of the 401). The other is at Derry Road & Bronte Road which isn’t convenient for highway travelers.

There is also pay and spray named Spot Free Car Wash just off Steele’s Ave in Milton at 425 Harrop Drive. It’s open 24x7, takes credit cards in the wash bay, and starts at $4 which gets you roughly enough time to hose the car down with the soapy water and then give it a good rinse. There’s a 401 entrance ramp nearby if you need to “blow dry” the car for a couple of exits. Tried this place tonight on a recently delivered but somewhat dusty Model 3 and it turned out nicely.

Reactions: corlaandstan