Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car will not charge.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone has had this problem please let me know how to fix it without getting service out. I cannot use my Model 3 because when I put the charger in the tab that locks it in is stuck down so that the T is always white indicating that the charge cable is ready to be pulled out. Tried putting hair dryer in to de-ice it but that did not work. Any suggestions would be welcome as I cannot use it. Thank You Don

This also happened to me after updating to 2018.44.2. What seemed to work for me was to leave the cable plugged in, the get in the car (or at least open the driver side door). When I opened the charge screen to see what it said, the cable locked properly. This definitely seemed to be a software issue to me, not a frozen port. I’ve never had any issues before this.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
First recommendation would always be to try rebooting. Hold down both scroll wheels on the steering wheel while pressing the brake.

If that doesn't help, you could try pulling the charging port manual release cable. This is more for when the charging connector is stuck locked IN instead of not locking at all. But the manual manipulation might clear up whatever the underlying issue is. I would try rebooting again after that if the cable pull didn't help directly.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Thanks Node. I tried what you suggested and it worked. Drove into Ottawa and charged some at a friends and it worked great. Called Tesla last night and they said they would send a service guy out to my place. They were suppose to call first but it is 430 now and still no call. Am going to have to call and cancel them coming out. Wish there was an easier way to cancel so I do not have to wait my turn to cancel. Thanks again.