Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caraoke missing on Model X Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't seem to find Caraoke app on my MX refresh. Is it not available on the new model x?
Same problem here- I just took delivery two days ago and came here to post but I’m glad I’m not the only one. I assume just needs a software update (hopefully).

I actually care less about Caraoke and much more that in the Model 3 I just traded, I can just say ‘’play ‘insert any music artist/genre’” and it would, and then continue to play similar music indefinitely. Now the MX just wants me to login into one of multiple paid services, which I don’t have and don’t want to pay for. I sure hope a software update will bring back free streaming music like the M3 had!

Btw, other then that a few small things, the car is amazing!

Same problem here- I just took delivery two days ago and came here to post but I’m glad I’m not the only one. I assume just needs a software update (hopefully).

I actually care less about Caraoke and much more that in the Model 3 I just traded, I can just say ‘’play ‘insert any music artist/genre’” and it would, and then continue to play similar music indefinitely. Now the MX just wants me to login into one of multiple paid services, which I don’t have and don’t want to pay for. I sure hope a software update will bring back free streaming music like the M3 had!

Btw, other then that a few small things, the car is amazing!
“Streaming” does not require an account. In .us, it uses the LiveOne service (FKA Slacker). Also TuneIn does not require an account. I’d like to see Apple Music added, because I already have an account there.

Last edited:
There seems to be stuff in the old cars software that didn't make the refresh. Configurable binacle screens, a center horn button we were promised last Nov, energy graph, kareoke. The S (same software) was put over a year ago. Still seems half baked.

In the same boat, posted about it awhile back.

When I ordered, the vehicle detail page specified Caraoke and I believe the interior photos showed it.

At my first service appointment, I made a ticket for it missing - they never had a good answer and keep deferring it.

The Tesla connectivity FAQ says that it's only included on Premium subscriptions, not Standard. Supposedly we get Premium free for 12 months; but maybe we need to explicitly subscribe to Premium to unlock Caraoke. Anyone try this?

The Connectivity page also has this note:

Some features such as Caraoke and video streaming are not supported on some vehicles based on hardware configuration. Review your vehicle firmware release notes to confirm feature availability for your vehicle.

But I think that applies to older vehicles and should not apply to 2022 X.

My family is very disappointed in the omission. I figured it was removed due to regulatory pressure around autopilot limitations / distracted driving / etc., since it appears on the primary screen in view of the driver.

I think the software is just not done. Why no energy graph? Why no way to set follow distance with the right scroll wheel like 3/y? Why no center horn when told cars made from Nov on just need software(I don't even think that one is true, but separate problem if being deceived )? Those aren't regulation problems, just Tesla not being able to get this stuff ported over in more than a year. Sad actually.