Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

carbon fiber vs ash wood decor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am new to this awesome forum. I just order my Model X in white with black interior and the carbon wheels. They have changed the interior and now only have wood decor. However, they just happen to have one with my exact specs, but the old carbon fiber trim for an extra $250. The new wood decor has grooves in it and is a flat color not gloss. Should I go with the carbon fiber which they no longer offer? Thanks for your input!

Personally I went with carbon fiber and paid $250 to get it. Love it! But I must say the wood decor in Tesla looks pretty good too. Much better than a glossy wood in some other cars. So I think it's a matter of personal preference. Check both options at a Service Center if you can.

... So I think it's a matter of personal preference. Check both options at a Service Center if you can.

^--THIS!!! No one has a better opinion than yourself and those that will actually have to live with the decision.

We got wood trim on our interior and love it. MUCH more than the CF that I found to be just too... synthetic for my taste. But like I wrote, that's merely my own preference.

:)

Reactions: Akishta