Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cat Mode Needed (Feline Warning System)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This upsets me....... Our 14 outside cats (don't judge, they are all ones that people have dumped) share the garage with my Tesla. When it is colder and/or raining the car comes out, the cats go in. As soon as I open the garage they start pouring in. Usually I'll give them some food on the sidewalk to keep them away but even then I ALWAYS roll the windows down, listen and drive VERY slowly (creep, actually) to make sure one doesn't accidentally get under a tire.

I feel the appreciation as even when it is cold and rainy they will go outside to do their business (or hold it?). We are planning on getting a small shed for them so they have a permanent place to stay warm and dry, and the car as well :p

Aren't a lot of cats killed by crawling into the engine compartment? That's one problem Teslas don't have and I imagine it's A LOT more of a PITA to check your engine bay for cats than to walk around your car...

A long time ago (three decades in fact) I lost an indoor / outdoor cat in that way, actually. I was pretty upset about it (not at the car owner, at the situation). It bothered me so much, every cat I have had as a pet after that has been a strictly indoor only pet.