Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cats on my Roadster!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5bb48fb4669e11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

cat on tesla

Had the same issue here.. I cleaned the Roadster at the carwash, it was shiny and tidy again. A couple of hours later I saw these muddy cat trails ALL over the Roadster.

They really seem to like Roadsters.

Had the same issue here.. I cleaned the Roadster at the carwash, it was shiny and tidy again. A couple of hours later I saw these muddy cat trails ALL over the Roadster.

They really seem to like Roadsters.

if you really want to keep the cats off your roadster you can get a shock collar from radiofence.com. you can either set up an explicit perimeter or just place a base station and adjust the signal strength to establish the radius of an exclusion zone. i have used it (with base station) successfully with a cat who had the problem of peeing in a particular location. the collar has a warning beep before the shock (which the cat quickly learns to dislike) and you can also adjust the shock intensity. i tried it on myself first and it wasn't really painful more like unpleasantly surprising static from a sweater.

I happy to announce that after almost three years of caring for the two cats that were left behind by a previous owners (leaving them to forage outside in inclement weather, no less), I have found a great home for them and they'll no longer be able to abuse my Roadster after this weekend. :) I gave them a cat door into the garage, have taken them to the vet for checkups, fed them daily (they're at least twice the weight as when I moved in) and tried to give them attention whenever I could. But there was never a truce declared between the pups and the garage kitties, so finding them a good home seemed like the best option.

No more cats on my Roadster. I hope.

I happy to announce that after almost three years of caring for the two cats that were left behind by a previous owners (leaving them to forage outside in inclement weather, no less), I have found a great home for them and they'll no longer be able to abuse my Roadster after this weekend. :) I gave them a cat door into the garage, have taken them to the vet for checkups, fed them daily (they're at least twice the weight as when I moved in) and tried to give them attention whenever I could. But there was never a truce declared between the pups and the garage kitties, so finding them a good home seemed like the best option.

No more cats on my Roadster. I hope.

That's so cruel. What if someone found YOU a new home - without your Roadster?!!!:frown:

- - - Updated - - -

Then again I instilled the fear of God in my cat if he ever laid a paw on my roadster. I'm not telling what I did at the training sessions to make them so successful...:crying:

I hope you won't find that the cats kept the garage clear of rodents or other 4footers. :scared:

Reminds me of some stories…
When I was a kid, we lived on a ranch. Clements, CA. I bet Bonnie knows it. We had some house cats that were killed by some other animals. So, we didn't get any more cats. Later my Dads Maserati wiring was found to be destroyed by mice.

I was in the LA store a couple of years ago and a roadster was being serviced. It was someone famous. I think Kelsy Grammer. The mechanic was telling me he lives way out in Malibu Canyon and mice had eaten the wiring casing. Apparently they like it. The answer was for him to get cats on his property.
So while the cats away the mice may play.