Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CAV Decal 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sent in 12/25, not cashed. Resent today. Waiting.
3 years ago when I applied for my Leaf I waited over a month and no check cashed or decals sent.

So, applied again with another check. Couple weeks later both checks cashed and a few days later I got 2 full sets of stickers:rolleyes:.

I thought for a second about selling the extra set but, common sense kicked in and decided that would be a real bad idea.

I really hope everyone gets their decals soon but you can reapply for another $22 (or whatever the price is). It didn’t hurt me applying twice but I always wondered where they temporarily lost then found my first one???

• Informative
Reactions: linux-works
The orange is growing on me! I put them way down low, still visible but looks better than up higher. Also peeps in CA should get the front license sticker, it rocks.
https://licenseplatewrap.com/

$72?? wow, that's pricey.

it sure looks unique, though.

my front has no plate yet and I'm going to try keeping it off and see how it goes. there are SO many in the bay area that leave their front plate off (m3), I'm thinking the cops are probably being desensitized ;) otoh, its one more excuse for them to pull you over if they want; and that could always end badly.

I do agree that keeping the orange stickers down low is a good look. its how I did mine. and I'm not hating the orange on red as much as I though I would.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
question about decals on top of cut-out PPF- I bought a small roll of ppf (never dealt with this stuff before) and I tried placing 2 of the 4 stickers on their own separate piece and using scissors to cut around the shapes, leaving just a little edge around the decal extents.

the scissor cuts I made are not the cleanest. should I care? when I apply those to the car, will the edges start to peel off over time, with washings or regular weather?

I've heard ppf is self-healing and so maybe any rough edges will just bond or form to the car over time, especially if I leave it in the sun for a few heat/cool daily cycles?

or, am I overthinking it all? ;)

question about decals on top of cut-out PPF- I bought a small roll of ppf (never dealt with this stuff before) and I tried placing 2 of the 4 stickers on their own separate piece and using scissors to cut around the shapes, leaving just a little edge around the decal extents.

the scissor cuts I made are not the cleanest. should I care? when I apply those to the car, will the edges start to peel off over time, with washings or regular weather?

I've heard ppf is self-healing and so maybe any rough edges will just bond or form to the car over time, especially if I leave it in the sun for a few heat/cool daily cycles?

or, am I overthinking it all? ;)
I put cutouts of XPEL under my new HOV stickers and they seem fine, but it's only been a week.

not fully happy with how I placed mine; its hard to see what 'level' is with such weird stickers and the lines of the car.

I didn't want to go ultra low; in case there's mud or dirt that could cover it. there's a natural line of the car that I tried to have it sit right above.

I do suggest doing a quick double-sided tape mock-up first and then doing a walk-around to see if you like it. once they are on, they're on. don't try to re-position them at all.

there's no requirement to have the small on on the rear bumper back. so, I tried to have the 2 side ones - back far enough toward the rear so that any cop following me could see that I have stickers. I never liked the small one on the rear bumper, it seemed like overkill.

our rear fenders curve around enough so you can see the stickers from the side AND behind. just don't put them too close to the wheel wells (imho).

x20200205_085025.jpg

I just got my stickers this past week as well. I understand the directions ask you to place them on the lower bumpers. Has anyone placed them on the rear quarter window or rear glass? I did that with my i3 and did not have an issue with CHP, etc. This made removing the stickers really easy with a razor blade.