Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CAV Decal 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh! don't get me started on that. Mine is a white 3 as well and I keep it squeaky clean. I don't know how I am going to stick them on tomorrow. Breaks my heart :(
I figure I still have a month to decide what I'm going to do (mailed in application 12-23-19).
Seriously, have you seen what sticker adhesives on these decals do to a paint job after 4 years? How can a State force you to do that kind of physical damage to your personal vehicle???
upload_2020-1-16_4-27-18.png

I see all the write ups for various films to cut and place between the stickers and the car paint but no review I read tells what happens after 4 years. When see you need a heat gun to remove the film that scares the hell out of me:eek:.

If the car has ceramic, the decal wont stick. Even if it does, it will come off. Due to the hydrophobic element on the ceramic. What we have done in the past is cut a piece of PPF the same size as the decal. Install the PPF and the decal on top of the PPF. When the time comes for removal, the PPF is a lot easier to remove. It can be removed with hot water or steam gun. You can come to our shop and we will be happy to give you a couple of PPF pieces at no charge.

If the car has ceramic, the decal wont stick. Even if it does, it will come off. Due to the hydrophobic element on the ceramic. What we have done in the past is cut a piece of PPF the same size as the decal. Install the PPF and the decal on top of the PPF. When the time comes for removal, the PPF is a lot easier to remove. It can be removed with hot water or steam gun. You can come to our shop and we will be happy to give you a couple of PPF pieces at no charge.

I drove speeds up to 125 mph, temps from 115° to -10°F, and rain pouring down so hard you could not see 30'. All the stickers stayed in place. But you can peel the stickers off if you do it slowly when it's warm out. This is with a $750 ceramic treatment. However, I hand washed the car, no exceptions. Other people might see different results. I would avoid automatic car washes and pressure washers.

Thanks for the TIP @MumSports ! You guys are the best!

Reactions: 1 person