Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCI from TapTes for $449

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Amir...you got a total of 3 messages, and your screen shows Chinese writing in your photo...are you perhaps the manufacturer? There is a vendor section you know. LoL

I just received mine today- It does NOT fit in the car- It bangs against the center cup holder, and will not slide into place. If I was to push it hard to get it in place, it would destroy my arm rest!! Has anyone got any tips to getting it in the car? (I even tried taking it apart to get it in, but doesnt work either!!

Could you please share more pics with us? ;)

I just received my center console form Taptes - It does NOT fit in the car- It bangs against the center cup holder, and will not slide into place. If I was to push it hard to get it in place, it would destroy my arm rest!! Has anyone got any tips to getting it in the car? (I even tried taking it apart to get it in, but doesnt work either!!

I thought the same, but was able force it down. I kept it from scratching anything by placing a thin piece of cardboard in between. There will be a 2nd place near the bottom that's a tight fit as well.

It seems that this is necessary to create a tight fit once installed. It hasn't rattled at all since I've had it. My overall impression is that this unit is good for an OEM look at a lower price, but there are some build quality sacrifices. I'm happy with the fit and function, but some of the plastic materials (cupholder inserts, inside of rotating tray, piano black cover) are of lesser quality than the Tesla drop-in console. Still happy overall with my purchase.

• Helpful
Reactions: AronAZ
I thought the same, but was able force it down. I kept it from scratching anything by placing a thin piece of cardboard in between. There will be a 2nd place near the bottom that's a tight fit as well.

It seems that this is necessary to create a tight fit once installed. It hasn't rattled at all since I've had it. My overall impression is that this unit is good for an OEM look at a lower price, but there are some build quality sacrifices. I'm happy with the fit and function, but some of the plastic materials (cupholder inserts, inside of rotating tray, piano black cover) are of lesser quality than the Tesla drop-in console. Still happy overall with my purchase.
thanks for that- If you want to remove it, do you think you will be able to get it out??

You normally have to remove the side covers to install with the official one. It does the same thing not fitting and wedging stuck on the cup holder unless you do. Look around TMC, there are instructions...

yes, i took the sides off but it still is too long- I'm afraid to push it any harder into place in case of damaging the car- I'm concerned as well if i want to remove it- Wonder if that's possible as well??

yes, i took the sides off but it still is too long- I'm afraid to push it any harder into place in case of damaging the car- I'm concerned as well if i want to remove it- Wonder if that's possible as well??

You then work it in with both covers off and slide if I recall correctly. Please search for the instructions....before breaking! There is also a video on YouTube titled "Tesla Model S Center Console Install HOW TO Video | EmotEV Tesla"

Last edited:
Just within a week...
1) my rotating door would not latch. Just a tiny bump on the the road would trip the door open

2) the black gloss finish came detach from the backing

3) very hard and tight to insert the console...u could easily scratch your arm rest console

Taptes is very reluctant to do an exchange because they are in China. I might have to file a claim with my credit card company if I don’t hear back from them

I just received mine today- It does not fit in the car- It bangs against the center cup holder, and will not slide into place. If I was to push it hard to get it in place, it would destroy my arm rest!! Has anyone got any tips to getting it in the car? (I even tried taking it apart to get it in, but doesnt work either!!
I purchased one of these, and I too felt it was to big, and I would damage my arm rest getting it in. All the Taptes video shows them just sliding it in, but I believe it was before Tesla added the bottom shelf. What I read on line, and found what worked for me was (and Yes you will have to work up the courage to try this) you have to use more force than you think is possible to push it down past the arm rest. I put a towel between the armrest and the console (read that on line too) to help prevent damage. I found it awkward and still couldn't get it in, so I approached the console from the back seat. Pushed down with steady pressure, first enough to get past the top of the arm rest, then past the rest of the way and it fell in to play easily after that! POPPED on the sides and it looks like it belongs there. As for quality and longevity I can not speak of this yet. I Googled installed and read other peoples post and steady pressure is what you need. NOW take this as advise and do what you will with it. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_6380.jpeg
    IMG_6380.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_6382.jpeg
    IMG_6382.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: drummerboy7816
Taptes still won’t warranty their product. They would NOT issue an exchange or refund on defective product....read my post above.

They are sending me parts to fix their defective console...RIDICULOUS.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CHINESE COMPANY

Taptes still won’t warranty their product. They would NOT issue an exchange or refund on defective product....read my post above.

They are sending me parts to fix their defective console...RIDICULOUS.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CHINESE COMPANY
Regarding your case, I've contacted the customer service Demi, they've shipped you a new one, and you didn't reply to her email, you could contact her again to get your new CCI tracking number, I also purchased some products from them, I am pretty satisfied with them. I trust them, they are nice people.

I was wondering about that. Nearly everything Nina has posted reads like an advertisement for them and she has access to their shipping info which I would hope they don't just give out to every random stranger who calls.