Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Board Upgrade Ready Yet? - 2017 MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that was what I meant. Do you have any info on that?
The Tech that just installed mine (and btw, it took him under an hour in my garage) said they don't replace a board - he adds a jumper board that allows (tricks?) the BMS into accepting a CCS connection as if it were a SuC plugged in. There was no exchanged boards. Therefore, there will be no change in the speed of how it supercharges.

And I must say, the Tesla adapter is pretty hefty - I was expecting a cheap plastic adapter but it easily weighs a couple of lbs. Still, way lighter than the old CHAdeMO unit (had one but sold it over a year ago because it was too slow to be useful).

The Tech that just installed mine (and btw, it took him under an hour in my garage) said they don't replace a board - he adds a jumper board that allows (tricks?) the BMS into accepting a CCS connection as if it were a SuC plugged in. There was no exchanged boards. Therefore, there will be no change in the speed of how it supercharges.

And I must say, the Tesla adapter is pretty hefty - I was expecting a cheap plastic adapter but it easily weighs a couple of lbs. Still, way lighter than the old CHAdeMO unit (had one but sold it over a year ago because it was too slow to be useful).
Thank you for your info!