Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS combo 1 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you buy your Model Y? (It can take a few days after you buy the vehicle until the store knows about it.)
It has been like a week (got car on 2/28) and still couldn't buy it. Swung by Tesla Service Center and the dude who work there is truly a dud. After trying to explain to him the issue...he still don't know which way is up and which way is down.

I don't want to go to Amazon or somewhere to buy an aftermarket one if I can get the real thing...but this is ridiculous.

It has been like a week (got car on 2/28) and still couldn't buy it. Swung by Tesla Service Center and the dude who work there is truly a dud. After trying to explain to him the issue...he still don't know which way is up and which way is down.

I don't want to go to Amazon or somewhere to buy an aftermarket one if I can get the real thing...but this is ridiculous.
Not being an A, but starting with the obvious, are you signed in to your Tesla account? The one that shows the vehicle in Dashboard?
1678289960427.png

You should see this when you are properly logged in to an account with an eligible car.
1678290038892.png
If not, you should reach out to Tesla support.
Select Vehicle Charging then Home Charging. This should get you an option to “Chat With Us” if you are there during business hours. Other selections will not enable the chat button and you need to send an email and wait for a response.
1678290248998.png

Yes sir. Logged into tesla account on phone, on computer, and from car's web browser. Nothing worked.
Will try that Tesla SSO link you recommended. Thanks
I logged in on my app and the adapter didn’t show up in the App Store. Only on my computer.

Thanks for trying and sorry they couldn’t help with the order process. I wonder if they’d be able to check your account and see if CCS compatibility is listed there. I know it says it in the car but maybe your account needs to be switched to show it’s enabled. That shouldn’t have anything to do with ordering.

Chatted with them.. Got this message...I guess for whomever have the same issue later on.

Our team would help with technical support and education about our car charging products, but do not have information on the ordering processes. Please e-mail [email protected] for assistance.
Or, buy this instead.

you can try this method...worked for me prior to delivery.

We have a 2021 Model Y Long Range and from all accounts we should be able to use the CCS Combo 1 adapter, but when I check to see if it is CCS capable, the software says it is not installed. SN5YJYGDEE9MF...... Serial # indicates it should installed. I can't get a straight answer out of Tesla. Has anyone tried the adapter in a call where it says the software is not installed.

We have a 2021 Model Y Long Range and from all accounts we should be able to use the CCS Combo 1 adapter, but when I check to see if it is CCS capable, the software says it is not installed. SN5YJYGDEE9MF...... Serial # indicates it should installed. I can't get a straight answer out of Tesla. Has anyone tried the adapter in a call where it says the software is not installed.
You need to create a service ticket to have the proper equipment installed. New charge port, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
So… How did it go??
You don't need a new charge port, but you do need some new electronics. You can youtube it and DIY if you're handy.
Thanks everyone for your help. Not that DIY adventurous. I had our appointment cancelled for Model Y adapter install. Hope it's soon. We're in an area where 6 Chargepoint Level 3 chargers were installed; 20 miles to Tesla chargers. Isn't that crazy?