Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cell Service Down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an issue today when I went out to pick up some lunch. Couldn't connect to Spitfire over the cellular network when I was in store.
I am able to connect to my vehicle when my phone is connected to Wi-Fi (even though the car isn't). For that matter, I can't connect to anything over the cellular network leading me to believe that the issue is with Rogers' service as opposed to a problem with Tesla's service specifically.

EDIT: I've now also verified that I can remotely connect to my home PC systems so there's no issue with Rogers' Internet service. It would appear to strictly be a cellular issue.

EDIT2: Rebooting my phone seems to have fully cleared up my connection issues completely.

Last edited:
You learn something new every day! I didn't know that Tesla's telecom provider in Canada is Rogers. My car is not having any issues connecting to cell service.

Yes, they are using Rogers now but a mobile tech has told me Tesla has made a new deal with Telus and will be switching over.

Car connected to LTE this morning just fine so not sure what the problem was the past two days.

Yes, they are using Rogers now but a mobile tech has told me Tesla has made a new deal with Telus and will be switching over.

Car connected to LTE this morning just fine so not sure what the problem was the past two days.

It'll switch back and forth between Rogers and Bell/TELUS. When I still had access to the diagnostic screen, I could see the network my car was attached to, and I saw both.