Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console on the cheap!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's how I adapted my center console for my needs. I found the Hopkins GoGear Efficiency Console (black) at Pep Boys for about $6 here: http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9411265

It's a little too wide to fit in the console area so I cut down the sides a little over an inch (with an exacto knife) so that it extends over the sides a little. The front and back were left to extend down within the console area and keep it from sliding side to side.

I used a little black foam double sticky tape to keep it in place, but I'll need a better solution because it doesn't take much to just lift it out. There's actually about one inch of flat space beneath it that could be used for something. You'll also see two little zipper bags I use to store other things such as chargers and sunglasses.

Some people might have issues with the cup holders. They have a smaller base at the bottom to help with different sized cups. Nothing has tipped out of the holders yet for me.

This works for me, is extremely cheap but doesn't look cheap. It even passes my wife's seal of approval!
Hopkins GoGear.jpg

P1140286.jpg

P1140288.jpg

P1140289.jpg

P1140290.jpg

P1140292.jpg

P1140293.jpg

Very cool! Not so sure I fully agree with the part I've bolded below though...

Good point. When I look at these pictures which I've taken with a lot of light and detail and the seats moved all the way back, it does look cheap. But in daily use with less light and the seats forward, it blends in well and doesn't shout, "look at me, I'm cheap". My wife wouldn't allow that. :smile: