Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center screen.. Why not flush?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you guys need turn signal lights?

Turn signal indicators are needed so the driver is aware of what s/he is signaling to the other drivers on the road. It happens sometimes that one bumps the stalk and sets off the turn blinkers when one does not intend to. Or in a shallow turn, the blinker fails to shut off. The indicator allows one to be aware that one is giving a misleading signal and rectify it.

Reactions: garsh
What you says can apply to almost the entire Model 3 forum!
After all, we are having a discussion based on a car which no one has seen or driven in its production form!
I believe most readers understand this when joining in the discussion here for Model 3. So no one is lying to any one else.

1. I specifically said there were a number of topics where if anyone was speaking to you as if something were fact, or final, that they were lying/wrong.

2. (Without going back to read your earlier comments,) If you feel I was calling you a liar, then it is likely because you were making declarative statements instead of obviously speculative remarks.

Turn signal indicators are needed so the driver is aware of what s/he is signaling to the other drivers on the road. It happens sometimes that one bumps the stalk and sets off the turn blinkers when one does not intend to. Or in a shallow turn, the blinker fails to shut off. The indicator allows one to be aware that one is giving a misleading signal and rectify it.
I'm fully aware of the purpose of turn signals, however I have never had to visually need them. I can hear them whenever they are on and when they are on too long...the car tells me.

I'm fully aware of the purpose of turn signals, however I have never had to visually need them. I can hear them whenever they are on and when they are on too long...the car tells me.
  1. So you're one of those people who leave their turn signals on long after the turn has been completed. Long enough for the car to tell you. And then you wonder why a visual indicator is necessary. I don't understand your logic.
  2. You say you hear them, yet it's obvious that sometimes you neither see nor hear them, and instead rely on the car to tell you that you're acting deaf and blind. Again, I don't understand why you think this is acceptable instead of having a visual indicator.
  3. Some people don't have good hearing (often old people), and don't hear the clicking. They need the visual indicator.

Reactions: daniel and Model 3
I mean if it was fully self driving and I wasn't in the car then the indicators themselves would objectively be less important because there's no one to see them.

I'm sure they'll exist in some form or another.

Fully self-driving cars won't even have a dashboard. Though before we get there we'll have partially self-driving cars that will look like current cars inside with a driver's seat where someone has to be in order to take over when needed.

I mean if it was fully self driving and I wasn't in the car then the indicators themselves would objectively be less important because there's no one to see them.
But is there is passengers in the FSD car, the indicators will alert them about that the car is planing a turn - or a lane change - in advance. Some people may appreciate that.