Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Centre Console Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ordered from Abstract Ocean today, you might have something by the end of the week. Our order was Sat eve and they tried to deliver the following Wed and that included a customs security check - thats what the tape on package said and tracking. But that was pre Covid 19.

In contrast, I have an order coming from Nederland's, shipped last Thu AM. Looks like it may be due out for delivery today. So fractionally quicker assuming that it spent all of yesterday in warehouse due to non working day.

So not much in it.
Is quality between the 2 companies pretty much the same you think?

I can only vouch for the Abstract Ocean wrap. Excellent quality and very forgiving to fit - you would not know that it was not an original part. The only thing to watch, and it may apply to a shell too, is that as the sides of the console are not parallel, the fit of a couple of the pieces is determined by how forward or back you place them. This will affect the relative width of the piece, which other than visual appearance, also affects how easy it is to open the flaps. So it is useful to do a dry fit.

I can only vouch for the Abstract Ocean wrap. Excellent quality and very forgiving to fit - you would not know that it was not an original part. The only thing to watch, and it may apply to a shell too, is that as the sides of the console are not parallel, the fit of a couple of the pieces is determined by how forward or back you place them. This will affect the relative width of the piece, which other than visual appearance, also affects how easy it is to open the flaps. So it is useful to do a dry fit.

Yeh, was thinking that and have read stuff stating that also

Torn between wrap and shell to be honest. Still can’t see how a shell can give the same overall effect as a wrap. I’m meaning towards the wrap but worry whether or not I’d be able to fit it properly. The AO video makes it look fairly easy but then that’s him.

Thanks, how much did they cost, also do you know if they do a cover for the wooden dash strip to match?

Was around £15 more than the standard ABS shells. Don’t know about a matching cover for wood strip, I know they exist.

They are very responsive to e-mail and using the instant chat on their web site. Ask the question, also in here as @Heavy Rain

I have been thinking about getting some shell ABS centre console covers but the one thing stopping me is that I have an insert for the cupholder.

For Tesla Model 3 Spring Loaded Cup Holder Insert - Black | eBay

Has anyone overcome this?

Yes, not a problem. The insert sits below the shell.

DSC08365.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: NickName
Mine arrived today. Pretty easy to fit. The one with the cup holders you can't go wrong with as overlaps the cup holder holes. The one under the screen was easy as nothing to get in the way as that opens. The middle one slightly more tricky. Hopefully you can see in the pictures I had to move it up slightly leaving a thin line of the black shiny underneath visible. This was to stop it catching on the cup holder piece. I may need to use more adhesive as had to remove it a couple of times. Torque Alliance instructions say to spray the panel with water first so you can reposition. I did use water but the temperature in the car was so warm it kept evaporating. I was impatient to get ti done but managed it in the end. Also came with the spare longer thin piece. Any idea where this goes?
All looks great and much better than the shiny black plastic. I don't think it's anywhere near worth £50 but not masses of competition and not much cheaper ordering similar from Aliexpress so very happy with the end result.
IMG_20200713_133515.jpg
IMG_20200713_133522.jpg
IMG_20200713_133629.jpg

Mine arrived today. Pretty easy to fit. The one with the cup holders you can't go wrong with as overlaps the cup holder holes. The one under the screen was easy as nothing to get in the way as that opens. The middle one slightly more tricky. Hopefully you can see in the pictures I had to move it up slightly leaving a thin line of the black shiny underneath visible. This was to stop it catching on the cup holder piece. I may need to use more adhesive as had to remove it a couple of times. Torque Alliance instructions say to spray the panel with water first so you can reposition. I did use water but the temperature in the car was so warm it kept evaporating. I was impatient to get ti done but managed it in the end. Also came with the spare longer thin piece. Any idea where this goes?
All looks great and much better than the shiny black plastic. I don't think it's anywhere near worth £50 but not masses of competition and not much cheaper ordering similar from Aliexpress so very happy with the end result.View attachment 564118 View attachment 564119 View attachment 564120
The spare piece goes up under the screen just above the phone cover