Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Centre screen issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an issue with my centre touchscreen. It looks like it doesn’t complete booting. After showing the Tesla logo it goes black. And starts trying over and over. Have been to the Service Centre but they can’t fix it they say. So I need a new one they say. Will cost 2500 euro! After 3.5 years and 220000 km there isn’t any warranty.

Does anyone know of a “hack” to get it going again???

Got an issue with my centre touchscreen. It looks like it doesn’t complete booting. After showing the Tesla logo it goes black. And starts trying over and over. Have been to the Service Centre but they can’t fix it they say. So I need a new one they say. Will cost 2500 euro! After 3.5 years and 220000 km there isn’t any warranty.

Does anyone know of a “hack” to get it going again???
Ouch! It's about $1.5K (USD) for a new screen here in the U.S.

No, the complete MCU is close to $3K here in the US also matching the 2,500 euro you were told. The screen is less, but that's not what failed.

There's been talk about a flash memory module that can fail. Unfortunately it is soldered in place and can't easily be replaced making it necessary to replace the entire MCU.

No, the complete MCU is close to $3K here in the US also matching the 2,500 euro you were told. The screen is less, but that's not what failed.

There's been talk about a flash memory module that can fail. Unfortunately it is soldered in place and can't easily be replaced making it necessary to replace the entire MCU.
That must be the reason they’re not giving in on price. Hopefully the new one lasts forever!!