Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coated my PM3 and forgot about the spoiler/badge install. What to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard that ceramic coating would be bad for the adhesion of the spoiler/dual motor badging (once they arrive).

Being the genius that I am, I coated my car with a DIY ceramic coat without thinking of the spoiler and badge. What do you guys suggest I do? Is there a way to remove the coat in the adhesion area before they install? Or does it matter too much?

IMG_9385.jpg

I'm getting XPEL Ultimate on the front and Modesta BC-04 afterwards on my PM3 installed in September (literally only one guy in the metro who does ceramic or glass coatings).

My Tesla mobile service advisor (I live in Iowa, so no centers) told me the detail shop can remove all badges and they'll install new ones, including the Performance ones, once they arrive in the midwest.

Take that for what it's worth.

Reactions: crmatson
You can re-install the badges just fine over the top of the coating. If you want to be absolutely certain just take a polish on a microfiber towel and rub in the area you want to install the badges and then alcohol wipe, install the badges and then recoat if necessary.

I think I said the same thing in the first post lol :p

But I agree. It’s pretty simple. Especially if OP had the know how it apply a coating in the first place.

I wouldn't install the badge anyway. That thing belongs in the junk drawer. The spoiler? You can just remove the ceramic coating from the trunk lid. Ask the company you got it from how to do so. Then put the spoiler on, and re-apply the coating. EZ.