Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chances of taking delivery this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to choose color over the model lol. There’s are quite a few MYLR’s with upgraded 20in wheel and colors. Although I wanted a Red MYP, it was only available in Blue. So yesterday, ti take advantage of the $7500, I chose the Red MYLR in Red. I pick up tomorrow. The Bay Area has tons of MY’s in stock!

^^ and Tesla still has an order backlog. Some of us just needed the car!

Ordered my MYLR7 in Sep 22. Still says estimated delivery Dec 22. Unless it magically appears overnight it will not happen. SA in Austin called when the first incentives were announced with lots of white 5 seaters. But the 7 seater is deal breaker, and there don't seem to be any around.

I'll take delivery next year. Feel like I'm getting you know what'd. The final price will make take it out of the running for the IRA, won't get any incentives from Tesla and with the 7 seat configuration have to wait for a new batch of cookies!
Hmmm… where you from? Because I ordered my MYLR7 red few days after yours September 27 to be exact and I already got mine last December 23rd. I picked it up in Lynnwood Washington.

If you ordered a 7 seater in September it’s too early to be complaining. Most 7 seater wait times have been 8+ months.
Hmm…I ordered almost the same time September 27th to be exact. I received my MYLR7 red December 23rd. Maybe there’s such a thing as customer loyalty with Tesla. Because this is my 2nd MYLR7. I got my 2021 last year in October 15th and lost it this year in October as well. I was rear ended and phemco totaled my car. I made roughly 17k. Purchased it for 60k plus tax with obviously 7 seats, tow hitch and back then midnight grey was a 1k upgrade. The insurance paid me market value plus tax for a total of 83k.

Hi all, stumbled across this forum and just wanted to confirm my suspicion. I ordered a Y performance 12/24 when the 7500 credit was announced, and it said Dec 2022 delivery. I still don’t have a VIN assigned and it’s still showing an estimated deliver December 2022. I’m guessing the chances of getting one this year to take advantage of the credit are slim to none? Need it this year as I won’t qualify for the tax credit in 2023
I am very confused why people does care so much for $7500 credit this year since same amount of tax credit will be started from 2023 for tesla model Y? Tesla just wants to get rid of inventory this year. What am I missing here?

Hmmm… where you from? Because I ordered my MYLR7 red few days after yours September 27 to be exact and I already got mine last December 23rd. I picked it up in Lynnwood Washington.
Ironically, in Austin. :) All the Austin whites are gone, All the Y inventory is in the Bay area and would have to be registered there. Have a ton of free miles and could have flown and driven it back, but no go. Oh well.

Reactions: barslag
I am very confused why people does care so much for $7500 credit this year since same amount of tax credit will be started from 2023 for tesla model Y? Tesla just wants to get rid of inventory this year. What am I missing here?
As others have said, not everyone will qualify for the tax credit.
More importantly, would you rather have someone give you $7500 off the price immediately, or wait a year and just receive a tax credit of $7500 which may not help depending on your tax liability?

As others have said, not everyone will qualify for the tax credit.
More importantly, would you rather have someone give you $7500 off the price immediately, or wait a year and just receive a tax credit of $7500 which may not help depending on your tax liability?
So you have to wait the whole year to get the $7500 credit? It's ridiculous if that's the case.

Ironically, in Austin. :) All the Austin whites are gone, All the Y inventory is in the Bay area and would have to be registered there. Have a ton of free miles and could have flown and driven it back, but no go. Oh well.
I’m almost to the Bay Area. On the train ip from L.A., I can’t to see how many MY’s are just sitting in the parking lot at Tesla that could have been shipped and sold.