Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chances of taking delivery this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, stumbled across this forum and just wanted to confirm my suspicion. I ordered a Y performance 12/24 when the 7500 credit was announced, and it said Dec 2022 delivery. I still don’t have a VIN assigned and it’s still showing an estimated deliver December 2022. I’m guessing the chances of getting one this year to take advantage of the credit are slim to none? Need it this year as I won’t qualify for the tax credit in 2023

If this is accurate, your odds are pretty low.
1672151760697.png

I want to order it as well, but looks like near impossible to take the delivery this year... Even if I take the Tesla financing, the vehicle will not be here. I think this deal is kinda dumb IMO. Everyone should receive the credit whoever order before the 31st.

on 12/23 I originally ordered an M3P and my delivery date was December 2022, until yesterday. Since I want the credit and miles offer, I saw the Bay Area had a few Red MYLR’s available this morning. I ordered and instantly received a VIN. My delivery date is today, (27th) - 31st….🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
on 12/23 I originally ordered an M3P and my delivery date was December 2022, until yesterday. Since I want the credit and miles offer, I saw the Bay Area had a few Red MYLR’s available this morning. I ordered and instantly received a VIN. My delivery date is today, (27th) - 31st….🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾
Yeah I only want the MYP, still says Dec 2022 but no actual dates…guess I’m going to see how this plays out because I won’t take delivery in Jan if there is no 7500 credit

I want to order it as well, but looks like near impossible to take the delivery this year... Even if I take the Tesla financing, the vehicle will not be here. I think this deal is kinda dumb IMO. Everyone should receive the credit whoever order before the 31st.
As this is almost a mirror post you made in November 2021 “I’m going to wait to see what’s available“ how can you be disappointed waiting till the Last 3 days of the year? Lol. 2 weeks ago in IL you could have taken your pick like Many successful did.

Reactions: WyoDude
As this is almost a mirror post you made in November 2021 “I’m going to wait to see what’s available“ how can you be disappointed waiting till the Last 3 days of the year? Lol. 2 weeks ago in IL you could have taken your pick like Many successful did.

Technically I was waiting until the next year, but the discount got me in, unfortunately I am late again.

The only reason this incentive exists at all is because it is in Tesla’s best interest to have you take delivery of a car before the end of the year. If you can’t help them with that goal, they don’t care one bit.
While I tend to agree. I ordered with every intent of doing just that. I know they won’t but I think they should honor the deal if they fail to meet their stated timeline.

While I tend to agree. I ordered with every intent of doing just that. I know they won’t but I think they should honor the deal if they fail to meet their stated timeline.
They really should add a fine print that states that it's based on availability. Kind of sucks that a brand that I have always assumed would do right for its customer is getting so big that the growing pains of catering to newer and better customer. Will end up leaving a bunch of unhappy customers.

They really should add a fine print that states that it's based on availability. Kind of sucks that a brand that I have always assumed would do right for its customer is getting so big that the growing pains of catering to newer and better customer. Will end up leaving a bunch of unhappy customers.
And they are still advertising Dec delivery for new orders…

Reactions: Esha628
I’d say they should probably refund the order fee for those acting in good faith to take delivery under the incentive, but I’m not sure I subscribe to the idea that they need to honor the entire discount past the clearly communicated expiration date.

I’d say they should probably refund the order fee for those acting in good faith to take delivery under the incentive, but I’m not sure I subscribe to the idea that they need to honor the entire discount past the clearly communicated expiration date.
Yah, this + fine print on what you're getting yourself into would be fair. Tesla can market whatever they want, there's a fine print to protect potential new buyers and a guideline for Sales Advisor since they probably find out about incentives the same time we do, lol..

They are still advertising a December delivery, that’s why I think they should still honor it. If they weren’t advertising delivery in December I’d fully agree with you...seems like a bait and switch, but at this point it is what it is, it's out of my control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike7564
Hi all, stumbled across this forum and just wanted to confirm my suspicion. I ordered a Y performance 12/24 when the 7500 credit was announced, and it said Dec 2022 delivery. I still don’t have a VIN assigned and it’s still showing an estimated deliver December 2022. I’m guessing the chances of getting one this year to take advantage of the credit are slim to none? Need it this year as I won’t qualify for the tax credit in 2023
They will still have discounts in 2023. Might not be $7,500 but u bet they will.

Everyone knows Tesla ran out of buyers who will pay full prices. Whats left is people who will only purchase at a discount ( myself included).

Reactions: Mike7564
They will still have discounts in 2023. Might not be $7,500 but u bet they will.

Everyone knows Tesla ran out of buyers who will pay full prices. Whats left is people who will only purchase at a discount ( myself included).
Lol. They didn’t run out of buyers they simply executed a play to offset (like last year) the mystery tax incentive value that was swaying orders to wait until Jan 1. There are Hundreds of posts pre-discount to show their motivation. Simple strategy really and it worked. They sold every freakin car.

^^ and Tesla still has an order backlog. Some of us just needed the car!

Ordered my MYLR7 in Sep 22. Still says estimated delivery Dec 22. Unless it magically appears overnight it will not happen. SA in Austin called when the first incentives were announced with lots of white 5 seaters. But the 7 seater is deal breaker, and there don't seem to be any around.

I'll take delivery next year. Feel like I'm getting you know what'd. The final price will make take it out of the running for the IRA, won't get any incentives from Tesla and with the 7 seat configuration have to wait for a new batch of cookies!