Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$7500 gov tax rebate for order placed last year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling ALOT of people may not qualify for the full amount as there is so much confusion on the threads. I think a lot of people next year will be in for rude awakening when they do not get the full $7500 back from their purchase this year.

I have a feeling ALOT of people may not qualify for the full amount as there is so much confusion on the threads. I think a lot of people next year will be in for rude awakening when they do not get the full $7500 back from their purchase this year.
If they've already purchased (paid for) and received their Tesla this year it'll be very simple and effectively the same as under the old rules.

If there will be uncertainty it will only be _after_ the new battery rules are published and kick in.

Anyone who is counting on the 7500 should check with their tax advisor prior to purchase. While there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here, it's not the best place for this type of advice and this will be very specific to each individual.

Reactions: Occhis
There may be some California state incentives that you can take advantage of. Your CPA should be able to help there. If your talking about the federal rebate of $7,500 that's only if you took delivery after 1/1/2023. It sounds like, based on what your CPA told you, that even if you took delivery in 2023 you wouldn't be able to take advantage of it. You need to also have a tax obligation of at least $7,500 to take full advantage.
That's what I've been saying all along. You need to owe $7500 in tax. One poster called me a f***king idiot