Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change In Buying Used Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. I pulled the trigger quickly on an inventory deal ( 2020 LR Plus) at almost 16k discount.They confirmed multiple times that I could refuse delivery and get the shipping fees refunded if I was unhappy with the car at pickup. The only pain would be backing out any financing, but it can be done.

I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. I pulled the trigger quickly on an inventory deal ( 2020 LR Plus) at almost 16k discount.They confirmed multiple times that I could refuse delivery and get the shipping fees refunded if I was unhappy with the car at pickup. The only pain would be backing out any financing, but it can be done.

How did you find inventory vehicles?

I found a good deal on a used X, LR+ but when I enquired with the sales advisor, I was told the following.

1. Cannot give a shipping, delivery ETA confidently.
2. It could be a showroom model or a customer-returned vehicle before the 1K miles.
3. There could be a problem with the car and that's why it is returned.

It looked like they were encouraging me to not go ahead but rather book a new one. I did not ask for pictures.

Was looking at a 214 mile LR+ from used inventory and was $10K off new price yesterday. Have to sell wife on idea of a $80K plus car. Then price on ALL the used inventory went up $5-$7k overnight. WTF Tesla. (had yesterdays list still open in an old browser window so compared to today's prices) This one when up almost 7k, so for $3k more I would just get new, but the $90K plus sales pitch to wife is even harder.

Was looking at a 214 mile LR+ from used inventory and was $10K off new price yesterday. Have to sell wife on idea of a $80K plus car. Then price on ALL the used inventory went up $5-$7k overnight. WTF Tesla. (had yesterdays list still open in an old browser window so compared to today's prices) This one when up almost 7k, so for $3k more I would just get new, but the $90K plus sales pitch to wife is even harder.

Just wait... In a week it will start dropping again. It's a cycle that's almost predicable.

Reactions: johnking