Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change to SR+ Price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody else now have "Direct Delivery Cost" as being next to the £850 which used to "Delivery and Doc fee" on their new Order Agreement?

"Direct Delivery" makes it sounds as if the car will be delivered to my house. Which would be dope.

Reactions: LEE3
Which would be dope

People living within 5 miles or so of Heathrow have had home deliveries ... but I think only because the Heathrow warehouse is rammed full ...

3765d2c4a1.jpeg

I checked the other country forum pages and direct delivery very much relates to home deliveries. I am based somewhere in between Dartford and Heathrow myself so not particularly close to any SS.

I would love that, but as well as always stating 'Direct Delivery' on my paperwork they also asked which centre I wanted to pick it up from, and I chose Digbeth (but I'm seriously considering waiting on the phone for an hour to change it to Heathrow)

I would love that, but as well as always stating 'Direct Delivery' on my paperwork they also asked which centre I wanted to pick it up from, and I chose Digbeth (but I'm seriously considering waiting on the phone for an hour to change it to Heathrow)

I’m in the south west and was offered Heathrow or Birmingham as delivery options. Shame Bristol SC wasn’t an option but apparently not. I picked Birmingham as I can get a direct train to New Street then wander to the Tesla place. However, it does seem that Heathrow deliveries are leading the pack so perhaps I made the wrong choice too.

Reactions: Calisaar
Clearly they didn't know it was going to be a problem. I think the fact that they have now texted everyone some/many? people, in reaction to people being confused, is pretty impressive.

Seems hard to please all of the people all of the time ...
It would be pretty easy for them to please people - they just need to communicate better! I can't fathom how anyone in Tesla thought it was sensible to send out a new invoice with a higher amount, a small asterisk commenting on PICG and not put anything in the covering email explaining why they were doing it. The text after was fine, but very much an "after the horse has bolted" attempt that has wasted plenty of time for customers and Tesla in the meantime.

Reactions: smythey
It would be pretty easy for them to please people - they just need to communicate better! I can't fathom how anyone in Tesla thought it was sensible to send out a new invoice with a higher amount, a small asterisk commenting on PICG and not put anything in the covering email explaining why they were doing it. The text after was fine, but very much an "after the horse has bolted" attempt that has wasted plenty of time for customers and Tesla in the meantime.

Agreed, it was plain stupid. But one thing I've learnt from dealing with Tesla is that they are not deliberately(*) out to shaft their customers (unlike many franchised car dealers who certainly are) so I tend to ignore these kind of paperwork anomalies or at least wait a while for an explanation to trickle out - as it did via SMS a few days later. The sudden last minute price reduction on P models was also handled very badly - only Tesla could knock thousands off the list price while still managing to piss off their customers in the process!

(*) they have however accidentally shafted their customers on several occasions!

It would be pretty easy for them to please people - they just need to communicate better!

No. They need to have realised that you (and others) are going to think it is a problem.

Someone in accounts being told to generate thousands of credit notes and fresh order confirmations, for exactly the same price / spec car, isn't going to entertain the thought that people need an explanation.

most companies, not Tesla specifically, are perfectly capable of making a similar "didn't realise" mistake. I agree, that doesn't make it right.

I posted the following in another thread, but I feel it is relevant in this one too:

Sorry its such a muddle ... but presumably you are wanting a Tesla for something other than just thinking it looks better than a Beamer ...

... if so then my proposal to you (and others who's first experience has been same and have been vocal here about "How come Tesla couldn't have foreseen this and just sent me an explanatory text") is just to get on side with Tesla. Put up with the Pants Stuff (or go elsewhere if that is unacceptable to you), and become a sponsor for where Elon wants to get to. Without Elon's effort we'd all still be driving ICE and running the planet over the cliff rather than, hopefully, only to the cliff edge

The Top and Bottom is:
  • People love the car, so very high chance you will too
  • Tesla Back Office is a shambles
Bombarding Support with Emails is just increasing their workload, and their operating cost, and reducing Tesla's cash and ability to survive.

It certainly all needs fixing, but complaining about if here isn't going to achieve that. I don't know why Tesla haven't fixed it yet, I would be horrified if management had no idea how bad it is (wouldn't be the first time management had no idea :oops: ...) so on that basis I assume it is known but is prioritised below some other higher priority stuff ... or quite possibly a solutions is under construction but not yet deployed.

So all Detractors ... do please stop and consider the bigger picture.

• Disagree
Reactions: LEE3
I don't agree with just putting up with the rubbish stuff - the problems and annoyance from customers needs to be fed back to them otherwise they won't realise the problems and fix them.

Sure I wouldn't expect accounts to realise/think about customer experience but the point is if a communication is going to be sent out from a company en masse then someone should think through what the implication is - I've never worked anywhere that wouldn't have done that.

Regardless I didn't keep phoning them but did take it to someone more senior which prompted a call apologising and explaining (in particular around EST and the final invoice issue) that they understood the problem and were working on resolving it - that gave me much more reassurance.

Personally I think that everyone who has ordered a car that costs in the region of £40-60k has every right to call, email and criticise the vendor if they don’t communicate well (or at all), change prices at a whim or have a customer support approach that appears ad-hoc on a good day.

I’m pretty sure everyone on these forums is a Tesla advocate who has bought into both the Tesla mission and zero emissions principle. Wouldn’t be here otherwise. I’m also sure that if they researched things prior to ordering they would know that the experience would be a bit of a rollercoaster and have a reasonably high tolerance level. That’s how I’m approaching it but it doesn’t make Tesla immune from criticism and when people do so I don’t think that means they want to bring the company down :cool: I think it just means they expect a reasonable level of service for what is a premium purchase. It’s also the only way Tesla will learn and develop their business model as they build a bigger customer base and market share. Behaving like a start up is OK for a start up but eventually they need to grow up, especially with ICE competitors just around the corner and desperate to get a piece of the EV market themselves.

Not communicate well: fair game. Customer support approach that seems extremely ad-hoc: yup, although it's partly growing pains (the higher volumes means that there are a lot of new faces, it's also a US company with typical rigid guidelines that are US-centric, and the mother ship communicates just as badly with them as with us customers/prospects, which tends to leave the new hires extremely confused and even bedazzled; I've often seen "deer in the headlights" syndrome when asking a question they should have seen coming).

Changing prices at a whim: nope, you're not entitled to demand anything there. And all car manufacturers adjust prices on a whim, it's just that most use a dealer network and flexible discounts to hide that fact from users (often to the detriment of those less used to negotiate or not well informed).

Often it's a lot worse at other manufacturers: with Tesla you can actually cancel an order and re-order without penalty. Try doing that with an Audi if they adjust the price (I've done it. You're "sorry, out of luck" if the penalty for canceling the order is more than the price difference).

Not communicate well: fair game. Customer support approach that seems extremely ad-hoc: yup, although it's partly growing pains (the higher volumes means that there are a lot of new faces, it's also a US company with typical rigid guidelines that are US-centric, and the mother ship communicates just as badly with them as with us customers/prospects, which tends to leave the new hires extremely confused and even bedazzled; I've often seen "deer in the headlights" syndrome when asking a question they should have seen coming).

Changing prices at a whim: nope, you're not entitled to demand anything there. And all car manufacturers adjust prices on a whim, it's just that most use a dealer network and flexible discounts to hide that fact from users (often to the detriment of those less used to negotiate or not well informed).

Often it's a lot worse at other manufacturers: with Tesla you can actually cancel an order and re-order without penalty. Try doing that with an Audi if they adjust the price (I've done it. You're "sorry, out of luck" if the penalty for canceling the order is more than the price difference).

Fair point on price changes. And I also agree with you on the Tesla flexibility to amend configuration or cancel/re-order, that is a definite benefit.

I’m not moaning at all by the way. I’ve ordered.I’m waiting. It’ll arrive when it arrives. And I’m enjoying learning lots about Tesla in the process.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
the problems and annoyance from customers needs to be fed back to them

I agree. Posting it here won't achieve that though ...

it doesn’t make Tesla immune from criticism

No problem with that either ... if you have been reading my posts for a while you will know that whilst I am a fan I'm vocal about Tesla's failings too.

But we are five pages in flogging the same horse. Other threads also. Time to give it a rest, it is what it is. By all means make Tesla aware that they could and should do better.

For anyone who thinks other people should absolutely avoid Tesla like the plague you should absolutely make your views known in public ... but for anyone who doesn't have that intention watch out that isn't the effect as a result of the cause. You know? like someone in accounts sending out 1,000 credit notes without taking the time to realise the consequences ...

I think it just means they expect a reasonable level of service for what is a premium purchase. It’s also the only way Tesla will learn and develop their business model as they build a bigger customer base and market share. Behaving like a start up is OK for a start up but eventually they need to grow up, especially with ICE competitors just around the corner and desperate to get a piece of the EV market themselves.

Tesla doesn't agree with you. I don't know why they haven't sorted this out, but it is not a new problem, so it is both known (I sure hope it IS known!) and a fast-fix has not been sanctioned (or it would be here by now)