TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Changelog?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by tanner, Apr 18, 2016.

1. tanner

tanner Active Member

#1 tanner, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2016
  2. green1

green1 Active Member

Because the owner of this site saw fit to completely redo the site, breaking many things and removing tons of functionality all because they thought it looked prettier.
    They're also not open to constructive criticism unless you already agree with what they did, because restoring the functionality isn't an option to them if it involves going back to the better version.

• Dislike x 3
    • Informative x 1
  3. tanner

tanner Active Member

*sighs*... I miss the changelog :(

4. newtman

newtman Member

I love the look and feel and usability of the redo. As with any site, if you don't like the owner's policies, you're always welcome to make your own :)

5. green1

green1 Active Member

Yup, I'm also welcome to complain about the mistake they made. The site owner has the following options:
    - They can take it as I intend, as constructive criticism, with the suggestion that they should revert to the old site as it was better in absolutely every single way.
    - They can ignore it completely (as they have so far)
    - They can censor my complaints or kick me off.

Now I hope they don't feel they need to do the last one of those, but it's their choice which of the 3 they do.

6. newtman

newtman Member

I suspect they'll take it in stride as most weathered site owners do, and politely ignore requests to go back in time to an earlier version.

7. green1

green1 Active Member

newer != better

8. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#8 doug, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Whiners aside (since the reasons for the site update had little to do with aesthetics and more to do scalability and moving off a dying, insecure platform) nearly all the old content is properly redirected.
    As stated elsewhere, that didn't work with the Wiki pages plugin we were using since the guy that coded that didn't use content IDs. As such it's difficult to have those properly forwarded. (Also turns out that wiki had a serious security flaw, so we had to move off it ASAP.)

However if you did a simple forum search for the thread title, you find that content here:
    Model S software/firmware changelog

Currently all the old wiki pages can be found here: Wiki

I think eventually they'll just be moved to the relevant forums for what those threads are about rather than a wiki section.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. newtman

newtman Member

Thanks for all you do, keep up the great work!

• Like x 1
  10. fabi

fabi Member

Hi,
    is anybody updating the changelog wiki Thread? V8.0 and 8.1 are not added yet...