Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes to selfie cam monitoring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friend of mine had a 2021 M3 LR, no FSD, and his car would warn him any time he was using autopilot and looked at his phone or anything. I just got a 2022 M3 SR, no FSD, and my car doesn't seem to have a problem with it. With autopilot on, I can glance at my phone, or behind me to see where that squeak is coming from, and my car only seems to do the usual periodic "apply slight force" alert. Not that I look away from the road much when using autopilot or anything....

Just wondering if Tesla has made changes to the selfie cam monitoring warnings from 21 to 22?

Friend of mine had a 2021 M3 LR, no FSD, and his car would warn him any time he was using autopilot and looked at his phone or anything. I just got a 2022 M3 SR, no FSD, and my car doesn't seem to have a problem with it. With autopilot on, I can glance at my phone, or behind me to see where that squeak is coming from, and my car only seems to do the usual periodic "apply slight force" alert. Not that I look away from the road much when using autopilot or anything....

Just wondering if Tesla has made changes to the selfie cam monitoring warnings from 21 to 22?

It was through a software update recently, 21 and 22 should be the same. It started happening on my 2019 right before I traded it in for the 2021 back in September.

Reactions: SkepTeach

I have a 2020 and it doesn't warn me about looking ahead also, just the touch wheel warning when it sees me looking at something else.