TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Changing Headliner

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by PrestigeMike, Oct 21, 2015.

1. PrestigeMike

PrestigeMike Member

Has anyone tried to remove the headliner before? I'm debating to wrap it in black suede since mine came tan and I decided that a darker color would be better.

2. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

I am in the process of doing it. I have a 2013 with the much hated beige cloth which is now almost black and poorly done. I took it to a local car upholstery place and quoted me $1200 and I left it there. I saw when they took it out and no problem at all. I will send pics when done. It is not hard to take out if you take it to a place that knows what they are doing with cars.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Interesting, they had to replace my headliner due to a water leak on the passenger side back-seat window and to do so they had to take out and replace the windshield.

4. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

That is interesting. Not sure why they would need to do that. It came right out. ..

5. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

Here are some pictures. I went with a black velvet type of feel. Very happy with it. Never liked the Alcantar beige headliner that I had with the grey seats and black leather as it did not match at all. Also, i had them paint all the plastic that was beige as well such as the light covers, Seat Bag plastic decal, visor inside plastic and seatbelt plastic cover (attached to the B pillars). everything is now black and clean.

Attached Files:

6. Newchurch

Newchurch Member

Hi,

looks great!
    What kind of color do you use for painting the plastic parts? "Normal" color in a spray can?

Thanks, Peter

7. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

8. ShibbyRomes

ShibbyRomes Member

Where was this done?