Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing inverter s85 to p85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is here someone who knows how to get p85 large drive unit work on s85?

Motor and mechanical part is the same on both engines..
if i take inverter from s85 and put it in p85 ldu will it work? So i dont need to code it in to the car?? Do i need to change full inverter or just control board?

My gears are broken s85
Bought low milage 80k p85 drive unit.
In my area there is no ev services
Help please.
There must be someone who knows what to do.

if i take inverter from s85 and put it in p85 ldu will it work?
if u put original inverter it will work
like u said all gears are the same

Not sure about control board only
I believe someone mentioned somewhere that P* versions have more IGBTs to handle more current...

Edit: also worth mentioning that Tesla uses same part number for Base and Sport(P*) LDUs so i believe P85 unit CAN be programmed to run on S85 without swapping anything

If u have MCU1, u can DM LayZ n he can code it for u remotely (u need 10+ posts to get DM function)...

Upvote 0
if u put original inverter it will work
like u said all gears are the same

Not sure about control board only
I believe someone mentioned somewhere that P* versions have more IGBTs to handle more current...

Edit: also worth mentioning that Tesla uses same part number for Base and Sport(P*) LDUs so i believe P85 unit CAN be programmed to run on S85 without swapping anything

If u have MCU1, u can DM LayZ n he can code it for u remotely (u need 10+ posts to get DM function)...
Thanks for answering. I want to try without coding. If it does not work then i will contact him.
Thanks again

Upvote 0