Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Thought i’d Ask before I attempt tonight, I have some private plates from Tesla for my new Model 3, how are the current (and new) ones fixed to the car? I’m on the train but from memory they look like there is a holder - any idea best way to change them out?
TESLA made up my plates for me for free to take away as my model 3 delivered with 69 plate, I changed plates myself, only one broken nail

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
But they’ve only fitted you half a number plate on the front! ;)

Looks great though. Shame about not being able to use the vinyl on the back. I’ve got a set of vinyl plates but I’m waiting until after Tesla have sorted out the paint defects to fit them. Might need to rethink the back then...

Did you go for full PPF then a ceramic on top?

:). I just had Full Front End PPF and full ceramic coating. Hoping that the PPF will at least minimise stone chips on the bonnet etc.

Reactions: Roy W.
Just Full Front End PPF (Front Bumper, Bonnet, Wings, Door Mirrors). Cost was £900 + VAT. Don't think that you could get XPEL PPF much cheaper than that. Been quoted double that at a couple of other places.
That seems like an excellent price and far less than any quotes I got. BTW, we have an M999 plate on another car and M321 on the M3P.