Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing the touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to rearrange the touchscreen, so that the power usage is on the right and the navigation is on the left?
My daughter asked me to post this. She has an S. She said that she has done this with her S. She just got a new X, and she can't figure out how to do it on the X.
She said she could not find anything in the User Manual or online with Google.
I have a 3LR, and I'm pretty sure I can't do it on my car. So, I'm not able to offer her any advice.
TIA

The S and the X have an instrument cluster in front of the driver where these things are shown. It is not a touch screen. You select what you want on the left and right by pressing and holding the scroll button on that side and then choosing. At least, that's how it worked with all the older models. I understand it isn't working yet with the refresh, but you'll have to wait for someone who has one to tell you that.

Upvote 0
The S and the X have an instrument cluster in front of the driver where these things are shown. It is not a touch screen. You select what you want on the left and right by pressing and holding the scroll button on that side and then choosing. At least, that's how it worked with all the older models. I understand it isn't working yet with the refresh, but you'll have to wait for someone who has one to tell you that.
Thanks. Her S is two or three years old, so I guess it qualifies as an older model. Her X is brand new. That may be why she can't get it to work the same way her S works.
Also, she asked about her "dash setup". I thought she was referring to the touchscreen, like my 3. I didn't realize her cars have an instrument cluster. That is probably what she was referring to.

Reactions: henderrj
Upvote 0
I had the same setup for the instrument cluster of my older X. With the refresh X (2022/2023) the navigation is still on the left, but the Energy App (or other similar choices like trip info) can only be displayed on the touchscreen. This could change in a future software update, but for now that is what it is. There is a new horizontal "energy bar" on the instrument cluster that is either white (car is using energy) or green (car is getting energy from regen), with the width of the bar representing the instantaneous power consumed/generated. It is supposed to provide similar info about power use as the old energy app, but it is buggy and frequently stops working, as far as I can tell randomly. Then it is stuck on a constant width and a scroll wheel reboot will usually bring it back.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Upvote 0