Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed, during these times of restricted travel, how much the charge drains away?

My car was charged on Sunday evening to 80% we did a round trip of 4 miles to pickup a prescription and parked up on Monday with 78% charge.

Jumped in the car yesterday and charge was down to 23%, a 55% drain. I did leave Sentry on but does that seem like a reasonable amount to the rest of you?

Has anyone noticed, during these times of restricted travel, how much the charge drains away?

My car was charged on Sunday evening to 80% we did a round trip of 4 miles to pickup a prescription and parked up on Monday with 78% charge.

Jumped in the car yesterday and charge was down to 23%, a 55% drain. I did leave Sentry on but does that seem like a reasonable amount to the rest of you?
My LR AWD loses about 25 miles of range for every 24 hour period using Sentry Mode, so about 1 mile an hour. It will be a bit more for a SR.

So, over four days I’d have expected you to lose roughly 100 miles of range.

Over 2 weeks of lockdown and no driving, with the car sat on my drive, I have only lost 1% of charge on my M3P- (started at 52%). I’m really surprised from reading several threads that it has not been more. I have downloaded and installed a software update and wake it once a day, but otherwise it must be in deep sleep.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200405-120842_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200405-120842_Chrome.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: AnthonyLR
Our car seems to wake up regularly once per day. Its not TeslaFi as it would be in the logs that TeslaFi had polled the car, but something else - I suspect its possibly the car phoning home. TeslaFi does contribute fractionally by delaying the go to sleep process by 30 minutes, but this is known behaviour and user configurable - in normal usage, its a trade off between catching two back to back journeys, or letting the car sleep quicker.

What I do however notice occasionally, is periods of activity where the car goes through short wake/idle cycles. Not every day, but in the new world of the car sat idle for days on end, noticeable unusual behaviour.

When I first noticed it, It coincided to the lead up for new firmware update, and indeed, following that, the car reverted to its once a day wakeup call.

But the random wakeups have started again, no obvious reason why, no firmware updates on the horizon - we are on standard and are inline with those on advanced.

However, I wonder if it could be to do with an authorised phone left in close proximity to the car whilst working in the garden? I wondered if anyone had experienced this? I know that normally an authorised phone in proximity of the car does not wake it, but wonder if something else going on here.

fwiw We went through 73% to 66% (7%) in 15 days including a 3% round trip to supermarket and a firmware update/reset.

However, I wonder if it could be to do with an authorised phone left in close proximity to the car whilst working in the garden? I wondered if anyone had experienced this? I know that normally an authorised phone in proximity of the car does not wake it, but wonder if something else going on here.

Looking at the logs, I've had another thought about this - cabin overheat protection. We don't have dog, camp or any other mode turned on so nothing we have control over as far as I am aware.

Looking at raw TeslaFi logs, when car came out of sleep, internal cabin temperature was 35C. It then started decreasing, as if something had turned on to cool things down. Fan, conditioning and climate both recorded as off, so nothing obvious based upon info available to me.

Wonder if anyone else is getting car coming out of sleep when it gets a bit warm inside? Are those with low power loss parking their cars out of the sun?