Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge On Solar Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does “Charge on Solar” work now with 4.30.05?
It is not appearing on mine, despite having that app version (since early this morning), PowerWall firmware version 23.44.0, HPWC firmware version 23.44.0 and Model 3 firmware version 2024.2.7.

Elon presumably needs to turn some backend switch on in addition to all those version requirements being met.

• Informative
Reactions: SPadival
Reactions: Hairyman
Given the quality of many articles on The Driven, anything is possible 😄

The article is still there, though:

The article only mentions that it is coming on a Friday. It may have implied the following Friday from article release, but it does not explicitly state which Friday, so there are plenty of Fridays ahead.

Here's the email:

tesla.png

The "Get Started" button takes you to the Tesla Powerwall order page 😁

Here's the email:

View attachment 1023085

The "Get Started" button takes you to the Tesla Powerwall order page 😁
Got the same email, and it took me to the Powerwall order page. I filled in the details and submitted but expect no reply as I have done this many times over the last 6 years and have never received any response. BTW I have already purchased and installed 2 Powerwalls through my solar installer. But never any response from the order page.:confused:

Oh.. I haven't got the email but as long as your App is updated to 4.30.5 it should appear on the car page after you've connected the charge cable to the car.

I noticed under powerwall there is a new user called Skybridge and All Sites.

Oh.. I haven't got the email but as long as your App is updated to 4.30.5 it should appear on the car page after you've connected the charge cable to the car.

I noticed under powerwall there is a new user called Skybridge and All Sites.
Nope! I just started charging the car. No option appeared. Ah well, I guess it might happen when Tesla deign to bless my account.

We can use Tesla completely to achieve solar only charging in Australia.

We used ChargeHQ previously...whilst ChargeHQ has some advanced features the KISS approach with Tesla's version is poetic (oh and the wife can use it without complaints).

View attachment 1023101View attachment 1023102View attachment 1023103
Only with a Powerwall though, yes? I am looking at doing excess solar (without Powerwall) and understand that I need ChargeHQ to do this with a Tesla Wall Connector.