Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge port release issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my new m3 yesterday with only 36% charge which was 29% after my trip home and a run around. Garaged the csr & plugged in the Tesla wall charger for z early evening top up.
Charging ws finished way before bedtime so i decided to unplug in readyness for today, only to find the mechanism would not release the plug after pressing the release button.
It just clunked several times attempting to relase, so after several attemps i used the mechanical release in the boot.
Has anyone else had similar issues & what was the outvome?

Apparently not when the car is asleep. Mine does the same thing.
Oh, ok thanks, ill try that.
Im about to do my first long trip next weekend to visit family which is a 290 mile round trip. Im intending to visit a supercharger (first time) near to the destination & top up the tank. Im sure my son in law & grandson will want me to take them for a spin.
Cheers again for the help

Attachments

• 5CEA4970-8DF4-4C55-926E-E6E43C130A85.png
    5CEA4970-8DF4-4C55-926E-E6E43C130A85.png
    429.1 KB · Views: 64
Also I think that’s what this menu is for
oh geez, you should not be using that button in your app on a regular basis. Not that it's bad, but there are easier ways!

If the car doesn't respond to pressing the charge handle button, depress the left rear door handle like a 1/2". Wait 15 seconds for the car to do its electrical stuff and wake up. Once you hear the clunk of the main battery contactor the handle will release.

However, OP was having a different issue, and if you can hear the car release clunk, but nothing happens, using the mechanical release is the correct solution. As long as you don't have to do it on a regular basis, I wouldn't worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yachtsman