Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Stats - Tesla app new feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
up to now, the charge stats have been a waste of space, they were miles out.
bearing in mind I have Powerwalls and solar and the app covers both car and Powerwalls, I thought it might make use of my home data but it doesn’t.
One would have thought there would be integration in the app. There isn’t. the tariff and cost settings are entered separately for the car and Powerwalls! The Powerwall side knows that I’m not using peak rate grid power, the car side doesn’t.
the stats for home use are in the right sort of ball park but not that accurate.
to get car costs right, I’ve set peak cost to zero and off-peak to 5p. That way, it comes out about right.
I’d have thought that with some forethought, integrating the app would have been more sensible and more accurate.
PS
shame the data isn’t cloud based, then I wouldn’t have to enter everything in both phones and iPads!

up to now, the charge stats have been a waste of space, they were miles out.
bearing in mind I have Powerwalls and solar and the app covers both car and Powerwalls, I thought it might make use of my home data but it doesn’t.
One would have thought there would be integration in the app. There isn’t. the tariff and cost settings are entered separately for the car and Powerwalls! The Powerwall side knows that I’m not using peak rate grid power, the car side doesn’t.
the stats for home use are in the right sort of ball park but not that accurate.
to get car costs right, I’ve set peak cost to zero and off-peak to 5p. That way, it comes out about right.
I’d have thought that with some forethought, integrating the app would have been more sensible and more accurate.
PS
shame the data isn’t cloud based, then I wouldn’t have to enter everything in both phones and iPads!
I would trust it if the app and the tesla screen actually shown the information and that's without the charging stats.

...to get car costs right, I’ve set peak cost to zero and off-peak to 5p. That way, it comes out about right.
Yes that's how I set mine as I never pay peak rate to charge the car but it nevertheless uses some of those time slots.

Intelligent Octopus regularly charges outside of its 6 hour low cost period so I have set 20.30-08.00 to 5p/kWh which covers everything I've been given so far.

Likewise I have set the rest of the day 08.00-20.30 at zero because the car will only charge if the Zappi has sufficient solar excess once the house batteries are filled, never using grid power.

On that basis the app currently shows the average home charging cost at £0.02/kWh which is accurate.

Reactions: Dilly