Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email from Tesla confirming that it is based on order date...

Hello from Tesla Princeton!

We are reaching out based on your order hold reason of “NJ Rebate”

The NJ Charged Up Program will be starting in the summer of ’21 (No date for the start has been finalized yet). We are reaching out to advise that the State has changed the program parameters and for an order to qualify, the order date must be after the program start date. Your current order will not qualify for any NJ Charged Up incentive. The amount of the incentive has also been adjusted and may impact your order. With our current ETA’s for vehicles being September, we want to discuss your options to ensure you receive a vehicle promptly. Please reply back with a good time to speak and we can arrange a phone call to review your options. Thank you.
When did order yours? I order mine 5/31 and haven’t received that email.

The NJ Charged Up Program will be starting in the summer of ’21 (No date for the start has been finalized yet). We are reaching out to advise that the State has changed the program parameters and for an order to qualify, the order date must be after the program start date. Your current order will not qualify for any NJ Charged Up incentive. The amount of the incentive has also been adjusted and may impact your order. With our current ETA’s for vehicles being September, we want to discuss your options to ensure you receive a vehicle promptly. Please reply back with a good time to speak and we can arrange a phone call to review your options. Thank you.
How is tesla putting out this information when it appears BPU hasn’t finalized anything from an email I got after they approved the rebate this week

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY

Hopefully there is a way that the SA can cancel the order but then resubmit the order on your behalf without having to pay the $100 fee again and no waiting till September...

Ordered my Model 3 06/05 but unsure if I should just cancel and wait for the program to start up again. Reaching out to my SA in Paramus to see what can be done as well.

I got this email from them on Friday:

Charge Up New Jersey​

Fri, Jun 25, 3:56 PM (3 days ago)
to me

Unfortunately, we are unable to share more details about the upcoming program. Once the Board finalizes all details of the upcoming Point-of-Sale program and declares an official launch date, our website will be updates with all relevant information.

At this point, we are waiting for more information just like you. We appreciate your patience and please continue to check our website for further updates.

Board of Public Utilities | Newsroom<br />& Public Notices
Home | Charge Up New Jersey

Thank you for investing in clean vehicle technology!

Marlene Maurer (She/her/hers)
Coordinator, Charge Up New Jersey
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Reactions: AmunRa51
They are def communicating with dealers more than they will share with the public. I do question if tesla is taking the info we all know and trying to get you to take delivery. But even so, that 45-55 cap is happening, so any Y that needs to be ordered again to get the rebate is a wash.

Reactions: ParkinNJ
I just got a call from Tesla @ Princeton and they said that their corporate group are in talks with the BPU and they confirmed that for Tesla both, the order and execution of the contract, need to happen after the start date to be eligible. They said that the BPU is familair with the Tesla ordering process so they are making sure that both are after the start date. In the budget, starting at page 152, it also says that:

FY22 Charge Up New Jersey Compliance Filing3.Acknowledge that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of -Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a participating dealership or showroom.
a.Vehicles ordered in advance of the launch of Phase Two, Point-of -Sale Program will not be eligible for an incentive.

I just got a call from Tesla @ Princeton and they said that their corporate group are in talks with the BPU and they confirmed that for Tesla both, the order and execution of the contract, need to happen after the start date to be eligible. They said that the BPU is familair with the Tesla ordering process so they are making sure that both are after the start date. In the budget for the next FY, on page 152, it also says that:
www .nj. gov /bpu/pdf/boardorders/2021/20210624/8B%20ORDER%20CEP%20FY2022%20Budget.pdf

FY22 Charge Up New Jersey Compliance Filing3.Acknowledge that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of -Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a participating dealership or showroom.
a.Vehicles ordered in advance of the launch of Phase Two, Point-of -Sale Program will not be eligible for an incentive.

So is the tow hitch, wheels and paint considered a package?
Based on the budget document, it will be considered part of the MSRP. Only if you get the Tow hitch after you purchase the car, then it will not be considered:

The MSRP cap will include all line items on the purchase or lease agreement which relate to the value of the vehicle itself (including but not limited to battery upgrades, autonomous upgrades, wheel and tire packages, audio, and infotainment system). The MSRP cap will not include maintenance or vehicle care packages, additional vehicle accessories (i.e. first aid kits, floor mats, cargo nets, etc.), destination and delivery charges, tax, registration fees, title fees, and documentation fees since these line items do not relate to the value of the vehicle itself, but rather to the logistics, care, and maintenance of the vehicle.

Reactions: Trip McNealy
Based on the budget document, it will be considered part of the MSRP. Only if you get the Tow hitch after you purchase the car, then it will not be considered:

The MSRP cap will include all line items on the purchase or lease agreement which relate to the value of the vehicle itself (including but not limited to battery upgrades, autonomous upgrades, wheel and tire packages, audio, and infotainment system). The MSRP cap will not include maintenance or vehicle care packages, additional vehicle accessories (i.e. first aid kits, floor mats, cargo nets, etc.), destination and delivery charges, tax, registration fees, title fees, and documentation fees since these line items do not relate to the value of the vehicle itself, but rather to the logistics, care, and maintenance of the vehicle.
The one from BPU meeting last week had different verbiage