Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This shows only 3 tesla showrooms enrolled as of now. Paramus still not in there. Hopefully it is up to dealers and they can do some magic on order date.
I'm a little confused as to how this works. When you order the car, don't you order through tesla.com, not via a specific showroom? I'm happy to have mine go through Springfield, but how does that work when ordering online?

What do you mean? Are you talking about after you placed the order online?
Yea after you give them $100 you go to your account and start filling out the information like the pickup address and credit check and registration type stuff.

Yea I ordered last Friday and they told me it wouldn’t work so I just cancelled and just re ordered. Lost $100 but now I’m a pro at ordering since I’ve done it twice..

Reactions: streetskooler
Also if I choose the blue paint that brings the price to $54,990 there is no tax in NJ so the only other price included is the $1200 and the registration cost. Will that make it not eligible since it will be over the 55K or do they only count the price of the car?

Yea after you give them $100 you go to your account and start filling out the information like the pickup address and credit check and registration type stuff.

Yea I ordered last Friday and they told me it wouldn’t work so I just cancelled and just re ordered. Lost $100 but now I’m a pro at ordering since I’ve done it twice..
Yeah I have done the process I was just wondering if I should just cancel.

Also if I choose the blue paint that brings the price to $54,990 there is no tax in NJ so the only other price included is the $1200 and the registration cost. Will that make it not eligible since it will be over the 55K or do they only count the price of the car?
It’s not a feature of the car, thus not applicable towards the phase out. Check the last few pages of this thread.

That's not BPU's problem, and definitely not "discriminatory to Tesla" that the Model Y is above the new $45K threshold. Plenty of new Tesla owners in NJ will still be eligible for both tier rebates. Unless something changes for Phase 2, they have ALWAYS gone be order date, this is nothing new.

Honestly, it sounds like argument points after the realization of an ineligible order because they couldn't wait, or didn't order in time.
no need to be judgmental and jumping to conclusion based on your own prejudices. I am not even in market to order Tesla anytime soon and looking to purchase a competitor vehicle if that gives you a sober perspective.

Email just went out. Start date is July 6.

Today, July 6, NJBPU opened Year 2 of its Charge Up New Jersey electric vehicle (EV) incentive program, which provides a rebate of up to $5,000 toward a new EV purchased or leased in New Jersey. The launch marks another step toward Governor Phil Murphy’s goal of getting 330,000 EVs on the road by 2025.