Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know if the rebate can be applied to the down payment on a lease? I called Cherry Hill and they said "no" but called Springfield and got a more assuring response that it probably could be applied. Springfield also said more info should be cleared up by tomorrow and to call back.

Being that Phase 1 mailed you a check I don't see why we couldn't apply this rebate as we please.

That is another concern I have, Paramus for some reason is not listed, not even sure if this could even be changed to the Springfield one.
are you doing this online or visiting a showroom? since the program excludes online orders

Agree that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the
official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of-Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a
participating dealership or showroom.
a. Vehicles ordered in advance of the Phase Two launch will not be eligible for an incentive.
b. A vehicle ordered, purchased, or leased, and/or delivered out-of-state, is not eligible for the
incentive, including vehicles ordered online and delivered outside of the State.

are you doing this online or visiting a showroom? since the program excludes online orders
I believe the way that's to be interpreted is, if you order from a NJ dealership online and it's delivered out of state, it's not eligible. That's not a blanket "online orders are not valid" rule; that'd exclude most people I imagine.

As for why some dealerships aren't listed, maybe they were just dragging their feet on applying. Hopefully they'd be able to explain that themselves.

I believe the way that's to be interpreted is, if you order from a NJ dealership online and it's delivered out of state, it's not eligible. That's not a blanket "online orders are not valid" rule; that'd exclude most people I imagine.

As for why some dealerships aren't listed, maybe they were just dragging their feet on applying. Hopefully they'd be able to explain that themselves.
Thank you

I know this isn't Tesla but I'm thinking of getting a Mach E. I'd love to get the premium, but only the select is under $45k MSRP, so I'd get that and add the technology package. That brings the price to over $45k. Does that package count as part of MSRP or that's separate?

Not worth cancelling and re-ordering for me. Price went up $2k since my order and would probably knock me into end q3 (if lucky) or q4 at this point.
Same here. Ordered late April and since then price went up washing out rebate. Delivery hold was removed today so Tesla would have known it. Current delivery is September for me. I should have picked up car earlier and enjoy rather than waiting for 'if my order will qualify rebate'.

I know this isn't Tesla but I'm thinking of getting a Mach E. I'd love to get the premium, but only the select is under $45k MSRP, so I'd get that and add the technology package. That brings the price to over $45k. Does that package count as part of MSRP or that's separate?
Believe packages are included in the msrp of the price. Things like destination fee. Taxes. Title. Registrations. Those would not be.

Reactions: Zsimcha
Anyone called Springfield or had any luck with any answer in regards to re-ordering or if they will waive the $100 for a new order?
I just called them and waiting on the call back..... Just went to pick up the call back but I think they hung up on me. Really interested in this as well as if we need to visit the dealer or if we can place the order online.

I just called them and waiting on the call back..... Just went to pick up the call back but I think they hung up on me. Really interested in this as well as if we need to visit the dealer or if we can place the order online.
I asked the rep that I gave my order information to and was told nope. They couldn't do anything about the $100 fee. Like someone else said they know it's because of the incentive so they're basically like hey you're going to get money back anyway

Did you order online or in person?
I talked to Tesla local dealer shops in NJ. Their recommendation is you can go ahead and order online. As long as booking date is today or later, you don't have an issue. Before picking up your Car, when you are making the full payment the incentive would be applied on the final figure automatically. You really have to do nothing from your end. Hope this helps.