Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there's a 30% Fed incentive for charger installation? Please let me know if you have more detail on this. Thank you in advance.
IRS form 8911

Reactions: asaggesejr
there's a 30% Fed incentive for charger installation? Please let me know if you have more detail on this. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: asaggesejr
Hoping to have it applied to my 7/24 order too (it happens after the VIN is allocated?)
Yeah I just got my VIN on Saturday, and now my invoice shows the 5k credit applied (SR+, only added option was black paint.) My cash due went from $4500 to negative 500. Not sure what happens with the 500 they owe me, maybe they'll update it to just take that money off the loan?

Reactions: Mattmo
The real time funding status made a big jump over the last few days and that gives me some concern. At 84% Issued & Reserved at the time of this post. My order info from Tesla does not show any rebate information. Is that expected? Do you think open Tesla orders fall under the NJ Charge Up Issued & Reserved category?
Curious as well, cause this is concerning... :/

The real time funding status made a big jump over the last few days and that gives me some concern. At 84% Issued & Reserved at the time of this post. My order info from Tesla does not show any rebate information. Is that expected? Do you think open Tesla orders fall under the NJ Charge Up Issued & Reserved category?
I would imagine tesla orders after 07/06 fall in the reserved category. If they are going by order date for eligibility, I assume we are good. Waiting on my second tesla order to arrive under this years program.

Yes. It’s part of the terms and conditions. How it will be enforced is beyond me, but hopefully it keeps people from just flipping cars.
Yeah I cant see them finding out if you sold the car anytime soon. I have a Model Y on order with a December delivery date but also have a Model 3 SR+ ordered which I could get within a week. Was thinking I could get the SR and then trade it in for the Model Y in December and not lose much if any pocket money in the process. I would hate to see NJ send me a bill for $5k a year or two down the line. lol Don't know how they would even figure it out unless they go through the dmv every year to see if its still registered to me.

I would imagine tesla orders after 07/06 fall in the reserved category. If they are going by order date for eligibility, I assume we are good. Waiting on my second tesla order to arrive under this years program.

Two Tesla vehicles, that's awesome! 👊

I'll go with the "reserved" assumption for now too. I did email a Tesla Advisor but got no response.

BTW, I ordered on 7/6. The NJ Charge Up website does mention "after 7/6/21" in Program Requirements that induced some slight panic when I read that. Then I read in the Eligibility Guidelines "on or after 07/06/2021". This rebate program and Tesla's estimated delivery changes are really toying with me.

Reactions: Chemios
Two Tesla vehicles, that's awesome! 👊

I'll go with the "reserved" assumption for now too. I did email a Tesla Advisor but got no response.

BTW, I ordered on 7/6. The NJ Charge Up website does mention "after 7/6/21" in Program Requirements that induced some slight panic when I read that. Then I read in the Eligibility Guidelines "on or after 07/06/2021". This rebate program and Tesla's estimated delivery changes are really toying with me.
Just look at your order details. If you see the NJ charge up rebate added to invoice then you are good. The money is pulled from the balance already.

Reactions: RichAuntie444
Just look at your order details. If you see the NJ charge up rebate added to invoice then you are good. The money is pulled from the balance already.
No one really knows Since the program is too new. The bottom line is they could. It’s part of the terms and conditions. How they would even know I’m not sure. It’s the government so I wouldn’t think they’d have the ability to track all of that just out of pure bureaucracy. Do it at your own risk. I’m sure others have.

Hey guys, does anyone know what really happens if you sell the car say at year 2, will the program ask you to pay them $ back?

No one really knows Since the program is too new. The bottom line is they could. It’s part of the terms and conditions. How they would even know I’m not sure. It’s the government so I wouldn’t think they’d have the ability to track all of that just out of pure bureaucracy. Do it at your own risk. I’m sure others have.

They can just call the DMV, and have them see if the Title Owner of the car changed.