Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charged for supercharging even though I have referral miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went out this weekend and supercharged for the 2nd and 3rd time. I was charged straight away after disconnecting and I shouldn’t have been. I used a referral code when ordering and someone has since used my referral code and taken delivery. I was not charged for my first supercharge at the end of May.

has anyone else experienced this, being charged when they shouldn’t have been?

I have called tesla who seem to be aware of it, however the initial conversation suggested “I think we will be able to refund you”

I am one of those who cannot see referral miles on my account, I am leasing, and I took delivery early March. I have since removed my card details to stop this happening in the future.

same here. mine is leased, though I used a referral number. the person's I used has their upside, but I can not see my miles in the loot box. also have been charged the three times I have used the supercharger network.

haven't been arsed to go through the pain of trying to call them though. 1,000 miles is what £100? think id rather jump up and down on a plug than be on hold.

same here. mine is leased, though I used a referral number. the person's I used has their upside, but I can not see my miles in the loot box. also have been charged the three times I have used the supercharger network.

haven't been arsed to go through the pain of trying to call them though. 1,000 miles is what £100? think id rather jump up and down on a plug than be on hold.
I’ve never had to wait on hold, although finding the right person can be a little frustrating. It’s worth raising so they know it’s an issue and I’d kindly ask you to send them an email or give them a call. The more people that raise it the quicker it’ll get sorted

joelly, perhaps the experience of trying to find my car when it went missing for a week between leaving the ship and when it finally got delivered soured me. spent too long on hold on multiple days and they were ultimately no use. impending lockdown was part of the problem then.

will call them this week seeing as you asked so nicely.

Reactions: Joelly
I went out this weekend and supercharged for the 2nd and 3rd time. I was charged straight away after disconnecting and I shouldn’t have been. I used a referral code when ordering and someone has since used my referral code and taken delivery. I was not charged for my first supercharge at the end of May.

has anyone else experienced this, being charged when they shouldn’t have been?

I have called tesla who seem to be aware of it, however the initial conversation suggested “I think we will be able to refund you”

I am one of those who cannot see referral miles on my account, I am leasing, and I took delivery early March. I have since removed my card details to stop this happening in the future.
I have seen some similar cases on another thread here a couple of days ago. several people have found Tesla are making changes to the way accounts look/work for leased vehicles and as part of it they have been moving free supercharger miles to the lease company account not the driver account. Whether in error and they will be returned is not clear but it sounds like this may have happened to you.