Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargepoint and others

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, So I just bought a used(new to me) 2016 S 90D. I am still waiting to get a home charger, but have been researching charging locations around town. There are multiple options in the Atlanta area including Chargepoint, EVGo, etc. How do owners choose companies to join? Also in Atlanta there are cobranded Chargepoint and Georgia Power Chargepoint, is there any benefit to signing up for this vs only Chargepoint? thanks in advance.

Get both ChargePoint and EVGo cards for when you travel. You never know when you might need them. But once you have your home NEMA 14-50 outlet or HPWC installed you won't need them in the Atlanta area, just perhaps when out of town on a route without convenient supercharging.

Get both ChargePoint and EVGo cards for when you travel. You never know when you might need them. But once you have your home NEMA 14-50 outlet or HPWC installed you won't need them in the Atlanta area, just perhaps when out of town on a route without convenient supercharging.
Agree. I'm not a fan of EVgo's pricing policy, but I have their card just in case. Chargepoint is a must-have as they have quite a few free facilities at businesses, but the card is still used to activate.

You might want to post in the forum for your geographic area if you need specific local information.

Congrats on the new car!

Agreed with above -- Signing up is pretty convenient and helpful in a pinch.

The co-branded GA Power Chargepoint stations work with a regular CP membership (either NFC card or mobile app). Extra NFC cards can be issued by CP for 5 bucks and linked to the same primary account.

That said, I signed up for both, as GA Power will send you their own branded NFC card for free and you can link it to your CP account. I gave the second card to my wife for when she drives our EV.