Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargers by Location (Hotels, etc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
King George Square Car Park

Ports
EV Plug (J1772), Mennekes (Type 2)

Address
Roma St, Brisbane QLD 4000

Cost
half price for EV and hybrids

Hours
Monday to Thursday - 5.30am to midnight, all weekend - from 5.30am Friday to 11pm Sunday

Description
On level B. Customers can now park their car in the city and recharge their car for free during business hours in one convenient location. King George Square Car Park is the only car park in the city with this facility which promotes the reduction of CO2 and pollution. Specially marked bays are located on Level B for this free Brisbane City Council service. http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/traf...permits/car-parks/king-george-square-car-park

Photos
50152.png

From: PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! and (yes) I have checked that it's there but not used the facility.

Has anyone used one to verify they work?

Haven't used the GE one - looks like a socket charger.

GE's head office is there so I think it's more for employees and as a demonstration - and despite being in Burnley, it's basically in the middle of nowhere - no amenities apart from a cafe out front for all the office buildings employees. Why would you want to charge there? Though there is a golf course nearby...

Does anyone know anything about the EV parking spots at Victoria Gardens near IKEA? It could be a really handy spot to park when it's busy there, but I would have no intention of actually charging there. The spots look very small too - presumably when they were installed no one imagined an electric car being anything more than a 50km range shopping basket.

Does anyone know anything about the EV parking spots at Victoria Gardens near IKEA? It could be a really handy spot to park when it's busy there, but I would have no intention of actually charging there. The spots look very small too - presumably when they were installed no one imagined an electric car being anything more than a 50km range shopping basket.

Parking and not charging it considered worse than ICEing a charging spot, because EV drivers should know better.