Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Complete - but it is not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fully charged ready for a trip today. Took the car to run a few errands, about 15 miles, now showing 294 miles left. Plugged in to recover those precious miles before leaving on the trip and it will not charge, says "Charging Complete", but I know there are 15-20 miles more that could be charged, why is it not charging? (Charging limit is at 100%, and it did charge to that limit before I did my errands)

I fully charged ready for a trip today. Took the car to run a few errands, about 15 miles, now showing 294 miles left. Plugged in to recover those precious miles before leaving on the trip and it will not charge, says "Charging Complete", but I know there are 15-20 miles more that could be charged, why is it not charging? (Charging limit is at 100%, and it did charge to that limit before I did my errands)

Tesla estimates (inaccurately) the number of miles that your car can drive. If you switch to percent mode, you should see that the car has charged to 100%, or else maybe you do have a problem.

It is useful to remember that the battery stores energy and not miles.