TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging in the Willamette Valley Wine Country

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by DouglasR, Jun 26, 2014.

1. DouglasR

DouglasR Member

We are planning a trip down to the Willamette Valley from Seattle, and chose to stay at the Le Puy Inn in Newberg. When I wrote the innkeeper asking whether they have a place to plug in, I was told that they have not only an electric car charging station, but also a 9.9 kW solar array. I was very pleased, because this gives us a lot more flexibility in planning our route. I thought others would want to know.

2. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Nice, but please include a link to this location so that others can use it!

Also, ask the owner if they mind being listed on Plugshare.

3. DouglasR

DouglasR Member

Right. Here you go: Le Puy A Wine Valley Inn – Oregon Wine Country Bed and Breakfast

I did write to the innkeeper to ask whether I could list it, but I'll do that only after I've used it.

4. BoscoBoy

BoscoBoy Member

The Sokol Blosser Winery has two charging stations, ChargePoint if I remember correctly.

5. DouglasR

DouglasR Member

The one at Le Puy is 240V 30A J1772. I don't know whether it is part of a larger network. The main reason it interests me is the possibility of overnight charging.

6. OregonDogDr

OregonDogDr New Member

I realize this is an old thread, but we took our new Model S through Oregon Wine Country yesterday and were very happy with the Tesla charging availability. We visited Stoller Family Estate (where we are club members), Domain Drouhin, and Hyland Estates (where we became members yesterday!), all with Tesla-specific parking spaces and up to 64A chargers. We also discovered that Hyland Estates' sister winery Solena Estate has a charger too, though we didn't go there. Granted, this isn't the height of tourist season currently, but the Tesla "VIP" parking spots were empty and available at every place we visited. These were just brief destination charges for us as we live relatively local in Portland, but it's nice to know they are available. Just thought I'd share our positive experience! Santé!
    Stoller Tesla.jpg

7. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

For anyone wanting to venture farther south, King Estate Winery has a few Blink chargers on site and a wonderful restaurant to pass the time. They've also got a little wine. ;)