Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging In Yorkshire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be making a trip to Filey in October from Central Scotland. I guess I'm spoiled by the mainly free charging from Chargeplace Scotland and the last supercharger will be at Scotch Corner.

Does anyone have any tips on free or cheap charge networks around the Filey/Scarborough area?

I will be making a trip to Filey in October from Central Scotland. I guess I'm spoiled by the mainly free charging from Chargeplace Scotland and the last supercharger will be at Scotch Corner.

Does anyone have any tips on free or cheap charge networks around the Filey/Scarborough area?

shhh don’t mention the free charging. They like a bargain in Yorkshire like we do... so they’re going to be understandably jealous... you’ll be lucky to find many free options “down south”!

Reactions: Empato
I am doing the almost reverse journey this weekend and have to say looking forward to the abundance of chargers at the destination. The east coast of Yorkshire is really poorly serviced with fast chargers, there are options in York and Bridlington according to zapmap but when travelling to the east coast i usually make sure i am fully charged from the Leeds superchargers and then make it there and back with the charge but if i were staying there for a few days think it will be a challenge finding suitable charging options for a few days worth of use.

I am doing the almost reverse journey this weekend and have to say looking forward to the abundance of chargers at the destination. The east coast of Yorkshire is really poorly serviced with fast chargers, there are options in York and Bridlington according to zapmap but when travelling to the east coast i usually make sure i am fully charged from the Leeds superchargers and then make it there and back with the charge but if i were staying there for a few days think it will be a challenge finding suitable charging options for a few days worth of use.

Glad it's not just me seeing very little charging options in that area. Seems strange. Can see the 3 pin charger getting put into use.

Reactions: M3noob
Yes it is shocking. Spent 3 weeks there over summer. Luckily my parents live in Filey so could use the 3 pin plug.
Driffield has free charging in a carpark in the town centre, and free parking if charging. The Brunswick Centre in Scarborough also has 2 free charging but you have to pay to park. When I went it was being fully used though.

Reactions: Empato
Yes it is shocking. Spent 3 weeks there over summer. Luckily my parents live in Filey so could use the 3 pin plug.
Driffield has free charging in a carpark in the town centre, and free parking if charging. The Brunswick Centre in Scarborough also has 2 free charging but you have to pay to park. When I went it was being fully used though.

Despite the reluctance of some with regard to government intervention to ensure accessible EV charging availability it clearly has had some benefit in Scotland. Don't get me wrong, there are still CPS issues with regard to locations and reliability but at least they are there and all potentially work with one card! I no longer see the totally free option as a top priority. Some ring fenced income from chargers could be spent on a higher level of maintenance for example.