Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging interrupted (every 15 min)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One month bought Model 3 and Gen 3 charger in garage. Only charging today for 10-15 min and then charging stopped Any ideas on what I can try?

Were you able to charge normally before this or is this your first charge ever after 1 month?

What are the error cues that it gives out? Does your car say "Charging Complete"? What's the color of the charge port? What's the light pattern to communicate its status on the Gen 3 Charger?....

Thank you, I have been charging normally over the last first month of ownership. It does not say, "Charging Complete". The notice to my phone just says "Charging Interrupted." Color of Port - red solid. Charger color - yellow stationary. I changed the amps to 35 and it has now been charging for 28 min with no notice of interruption. cross my fingers. Would the A/C kicking in cause a problem?

The notice to my phone just says "Charging Interrupted." Color of Port - red solid. Charger color - yellow stationary.

The wall connector doesn't have any yellow lights. Only green, blue, and red. At least not in the manual.

I changed the amps to 35 and it has now been charging for 28 min with no notice of interruption. cross my fingers. Would the A/C kicking in cause a problem?

Set it to the min amps possible and check the voltage of the power when you start charging (voltage will be a number approximately 240 +- 10). Record the highest number. Then set it to the max amps and record the lowest measurement of volts before it disconnects.

The voltage is shown on the charge screen and I think also on the app.

It could be that when another high current draw item (such as AC or electric water heat) turns on, your voltage dips below the minimum the car will attempt to charge. Also, it could be that the charger has started to overheat. I’m interested to hear what you find out.