Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging pad & iPhone 13 mini; measurements on charging coil/MagSafe alignment? 3D print spacer for tray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is awesome! I planned to do this for the gen 1 consoles; unless you tell me you’re selling printed ones for the gen 1 it would save me a bunch of time! Keep it up!
At this point I'm not selling anything, but that doesn't mean I won't. I've honestly never been inside a gen 1 before to see what is different. I'll check around here locally and find someone at a charging station.

I have the 12v from the factory plug that powers the factory charger, and will likely tap into that with an adapter. I haven't quite dialed that in. I want to get the aesthetics of the tray dialed in first, and make sure the largest phone and the smallest phone fits, attaches, and magnetically holds. The wiring is the easy part.
How's this project going?

Wow, very cool innovation here with the MagSafe charging! My iphone mini was not charging at all until I used this lift, and now I get a consistent charge. It doesn't interface with MagSafe, but it serves the basic purpose of charging for smaller phones like the mini where the charging coils don't match up with the tesla charging pad. They have lifts for both iphone mini and AirPods which are also very handy.

Wow, very cool innovation here with the MagSafe charging! My iphone mini was not charging at all until I used this lift, and now I get a consistent charge. It doesn't interface with MagSafe, but it serves the basic purpose of charging for smaller phones like the mini where the charging coils don't match up with the tesla charging pad. They have lifts for both iphone mini and AirPods which are also very handy.

Thanks for sharing this. Just ordered a driver side spacer for my iPhone mini. Works great since I need the passenger side for my full size work iPhone.

Would this work with Model S 2021+ refresh? I assume the wireless charging pads are the same dimensions across all cars, but would be nice to have confirmation.

I'm going a bit further on my little project here. I've modeled up the tray, inserted two genuine Apple Magsafe chargers into the new tray. I'll report back soon to see how well this ends up fitting. I have a Mini, my wife has a Pro Max, so this should work for both, and the Magsafe should hold it in place. I made the dish sunken in just enough so the face of the charger is about .100 positive to accommodate the protruded camera lenses.
@simple4dr, awesome work, I love this drop in replacement! how's your project going these days? I'd love to see this become a real thing and drop one in my 2023 M3. I am available to help out if there's anything that needs doing.