Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging port not opening after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having a problem with the Gen 3 charger not being recognized by the charging port when the button is pushed? MY updated on Sunday, and since then, it will not recognize when I attempt to charge. The button press on the charger IS recognized when disconnecting.

TIA!

After all, that always the first thing you do with a mis-behaving computer which is essentially what we're driving.
Be a bit careful though, there is a reboot sequence and also a RESET sequence and the results are different.
Did not know. How does one initiate one versus another? Also, is there a reason to do one or another? The only one I've ever done is hold down the scroll wheels.

Did not know. How does one initiate one versus another? Also, is there a reason to do one or another? The only one I've ever done is hold down the scroll wheels.
I would just google "tesla reboot reset" and follow the instructions on the official tesla website. My understanding is that the reset will erase all user information and would be the last thing you would do when selling the vehicle.

Is anyone else having a problem with the Gen 3 charger not being recognized by the charging port when the button is pushed? MY updated on Sunday, and since then, it will not recognize when I attempt to charge. The button press on the charger IS recognized when disconnecting.

TIA!
I was having this exact same problem 2-3 updates ago. I would hit the button on my wall charger, but the door wouldn't open. My car was awake as I'd usually be trying to do this within a few seconds of arriving home after work. Out of nowhere it simply started working again and hasn't been a problem since then. Weird....

I've been having this same issue for a while. I can unlock and remove the charger no problem. But if I go to plug it in immediately after arriving home, the button press doesn't work and I have to open the door manually. It's sporadic though, about 20% of the time it works. I've also restarted the charger, done a system reboot, I'm on the latest update 2020.48.10.

Can't figure out if it's the chargers fault or the cars?