Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging stations coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla provides a global map with super charger locations. There are some markers on the map for charging stations that are "coming soon" and indicate that the location will open in 2020.

upload_2020-10-23_12-8-24.png

This is my first year of ownership, so I'm not sure how reliable this information is. Anyone have previous history with how accurate these dates are?

So Tesla provides a global map with super charger locations. There are some markers on the map for charging stations that are "coming soon" and indicate that the location will open in 2020.

View attachment 601682

This is my first year of ownership, so I'm not sure how reliable this information is. Anyone have previous history with how accurate these dates are?

Generally speaking add one to two years to whatever date you see. Not complaining but that has been the situation in our greater area.

As with most things to do with Tesla dates, take those with a grain of salt. Also note that the marker on the map tends to be in the geographical center of the intended area (city, suburb, area) and is not indicative of the actual location the Supercharger will be. In other words, YMMV.

Reactions: TX_M3P+
I have tracked the supercharger deployment for many years and Tesla has very consistently deployed one North American Supercharger every two to three days. (One Supercharger contains a number of stalls.)

What they do NOT do well is predict exactly where a Supercharger will open and when. This doesn't surprise me, considering that every location involves its own set of bureaucratic hurdles that might involve city or town council approval, building permits, weather delays, logistical complications, etc.

Here's the last five years or so:

Superchargers NA.png

There are two locations near me that have stalled close to the finish line for month. One is completely built out and waiting to turn on for months. The others had the V2 chargers in place then took them back down, put them in their boxes, and no change for months.

• Informative
Reactions: electricar