TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chasis dyno

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Burt Court, Mar 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Burt Court

Burt Court Member

Regardless of previous reports, my lunch buddies want to see a chasis dyno of my S-85, so about to make reservation. Anyone experienced any problems? If every Tesla is dyno'd before leaving factory, I didn't get my read out.
    SoCal Burt

2. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I recall seeing a youtube of a Model S being dyno'd, maybe end of last summer?

3. martinve

martinve Active Member

4. nrcooled

nrcooled P#8946 VIN 03225

I'll be very interested in your numbers. I have only seen dynos for P85 and a S60 but never a S85. The funny thing is that it seems the S85 is the bastard child since most reviews only look at the P85/+ (top of the line) and the S60 (entry model). Based on my calculations (my quartermile times, weight, and trap speed) I am guessing that on a DynoJet the S85 should make around ~335hp.

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Liz G did a dyno of her S85, results are here.