Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chassis CAN Logging To ASCII Text Plus Graphing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will need to go back through the thread for specific instructions but, basically, the logger creates ASCii text files. You use a PC (not Mac) to copy the file from the logger just like you would copy a file from a memory stick. Several participants have put a lot of energy into Excel spread sheets to better visualize what is going on.

S85's are limited very precisely to 1000 A draw. Note sure what caused the discontinuity in pack current.

Attachments

• perf1.png
    perf1.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 121
Anyone here who would be so kind and parse some SavvyCAN-data for me, please? I have two runs of 0-100 kmh recorded today with SavvyCAN and Vbox Sport. P85D prior to Ludicrous-update which is scheduled for 18th of April.

I could PM a link for the data in my Dropbox.

Doesn't Jack provide his own parsing tools for SavvyCAN?

This is very propable :) But I could not figure out how to make this "Interprete" tick box work. To my understanding I would need a .DBC-file with the all the parsing rules. This file I did not find. Anyways, I have made some parsing trials in Excel :)eek:). I would like to have full parsed data set to compare against my trials.

Strange situation. I did some recording a while back and haven't had a chance to look at the logs or do anything with them. I'm at a conference helping man a booth and so I'm looking at them now. But it seems the entire log reports the throttle position and the rear torque is all over the place.

For example.

Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 1.31.54 PM.png

Any ideas on how to make sure this doesn't happen again or is this some sort of issue caused by a software update on Tesla's side.

Strange situation. I did some recording a while back and haven't had a chance to look at the logs or do anything with them. I'm at a conference helping man a booth and so I'm looking at them now. But it seems the entire log reports the throttle position and the rear torque is all over the place.

For example.

View attachment 173655

Any ideas on how to make sure this doesn't happen again or is this some sort of issue caused by a software update on Tesla's side.

because Tesla changed meaning for CAN messages 0x154 and 0x1D4 in firmware 2.16.17!
so I changed both torque messages to messages 0x145 and 0x116
new position pedal message I don't know right now

• Helpful
Reactions: kennybobby
because Tesla changed meaning for CAN messages 0x154 and 0x1D4 in firmware 2.16.17!
so I changed both torque messages to messages 0x145 and 0x116
new position pedal message I don't know right now

Can you please provide the decodes you are using? Or are you saying the decode is the same, but the content is served as a different message id?

Anyone else know what the new TPS is?

I will be getting my L battery back later this week so I went out, plugged in the logger and confirmed my code is broken as well.

When you'all get a chance, please drop the loggers in the mail to me.

Thanks,
Bill
Bill - I'll drop it into the UPS box tomorrow and you should get it in a day or two.

Sorry I was out-of-town and didn't have an opportunity to go to the Palm Beach drag strip and see how closely the excel virtual time slip compared to the real thing. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try that with the logger's next iteration. Perhaps a CAN-to-Bluetooth-to-iPhone-to-Cloud version.

Thanks again for building and loaning us these very cool loggers.

Reactions: benjiejr
Can you please provide the decodes you are using? Or are you saying the decode is the same, but the content is served as a different message id?

Anyone else know what the new TPS is?

I use this decode for both torque...
front - CAN3 - ID 0x0145
rear - CAN3 - ID 0x0116
torque = ((byte0 + ((byte1 & 0xF) << 8)) - (512 * (byte1 & 0x8))) / 2

Bill
Got it. Thank you!!!!

thank you pupik!
I'll likely revisit it in the future but and currently tied up with other projects.

I'll also go back and overlay the two reported torque values from files captured before the change to see how they compare.